Can't delete previously synced events?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
awhitcraft

Can't delete previously synced events?

Post by awhitcraft » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm using VueMinder Lite. My Google sync to my Samsung Galaxy S3 is working great except for the fact that it won't delete an event that was already synced. Example: I synced a meeting created on my phone 3 days ago and now it has been rescheduled. The new rescheduled event will appear on my computer, but the old one will stay as well, and I can't delete it because the calendar is read-only, due to the sync. The old event is gone from my phone and from my google account, but it won't disappear from my VueMinder calendar. Help?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Can't delete previously synced events?

Post by VueSoft » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:28 am

Hi awhitcraft, welcome to the forums. VueMinder should detect when events are deleted from Google Calendar and remove those. I'm not sure why this didn't happen. It's possible this has been fixed in version 10.0.

In any case, you can delete the calendar from VueMinder and then re-add it using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. This should cleanup any cases where events didn't get properly deleted from VueMinder.

FYI, the Pro version allows 2-way syncing with Google Calendar, so you'd be able to delete the events in VueMinder instead of having to do the delete/re-add workaround described above.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA