Problem syncing Google Tasks; old data overwritted new data

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Tural-01

Problem syncing Google Tasks; old data overwritted new data

Post by Tural-01 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:55 am

Hi,

I have one machine at home and another in my office; both machines run VueMinder Pro. For about a month the sync of Google Tasks between two machines was working fine. Yesterday, on 2nd of Nov I updated some Task information in task notes field at my office machine, and today, when I launched VueMinder at my home machine the program has overwritten data from 2nd of Nov with data from 26th of October (the date when I last used home PC). My latest Task notes are lost now, even when I open Tasks in Gmail browser I see old data.
Please advise if I can restore Task notes? I used to sync it with server every day and now I see 8 days old data!

nikkil

Re: Problem syncing Google Tasks; old data overwritted new d

Post by nikkil » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:31 am

Loosing that kind of data isn't a joke, just a nightmare. I sure hope you'll find a solution to this.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi Tural-01, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure what happened to cause the tasks to be written with old data. VueMinder compares when data was modified vs. when it was last synced, so this should not have happened. I'll try to figure out where it went wrong.

In the meantime, VueMinder defaults to generating a backup "checkpoint" every 8 hours. You could try restoring from the Nov 2 checkpoint to recover the previous task data. It might try syncing with Google after restoring, so disable your internet connection prior to restoring from the backup. After restoring, export the tasks using the "Export Tasks" command on the File menu. Re-enable the internet connection. If the data gets overwritten when syncing, import the correct task data using the "Import Tasks" command.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Tural-02

Post by Tural-02 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:23 am

Hi Dan,

I was able to restore data from back up. I wasn't aware about back-up tool. Thank you!