Still having problems with Google sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Still having problems with Google sync

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi Eric, thank you for the information. I've been attempting to repeat this problem using my Google Calendars, but I'm not seeing it happen.

If possible, could you temporarily share your Google Calendar with my account (support@vueminder.com), so I can try to find what is causing the problem? Read-only access would be fine.

I’ll let you know when I’ve finished so you can remove the sharing. To share a calendar, click the drop-down button next to the calendar name on the Google Calendar webpage and select “Share this calendar”.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:25 am

I was having the same problem. What I did was kill all the google sych except for one computer and use the vue minder server to connect the rest. My blackberry sync with goggle did not seem to be affected.
I had to remove all the connected accounts in all computers to start, restart the computers to make sure every thing was gone, add the google calender to the one computer and share it over the network.

so far so good. hope this helps.

ericrep

Post by ericrep » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Dan -

I checked again this morning and I'm only seeing a few duplicate events, and only on one of our seven calendars. I shared that calendar with you. Take a look at Feb 9, Feb 13, and May 27 for the three duplicate events I found.

Thanks,
Eric

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi Eric, thanks for sharing the calendar. I see there are duplicates on the Google Calendar webpage. I'm not sure I know what caused those duplicates to be generated to begin with, but I've fixed the next version of VueMinder to detect this condition and prevent duplicates from appearing in VueMinder. A new beta will be available soon.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 pm

I am losing recurring events from my google calender, as well as the pop ups on the events not working properly, showing the first person in my contact list rather than the event details.

Any ideas?

John Morgan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:10 am

Hi John, the problem with contacts appearing in the tooltip has been fixed for the next version.

I'm not sure what is causing the recurring events to be lost when syncing with Google Calendar. Have you tried deleting the calendar in VueMinder and re-adding it using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu? Does that fix the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 am

I have tried this and the events are disappearing for no apparent reason from the google calender.