Not finding any items in Google tasks lists

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
wolferc

Not finding any items in Google tasks lists

Post by wolferc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am

I am new to VueMinder. I love the program, but after trial and error in the program and scouring the forums I haven't been able to find anyone else with my problem. Maybe someone can help me.

I am switching everything from an Outlook platform for Calendars/Tasks to Google. When I first set up VueMinder everything was working fine, both calendar and tasks. After learning how pathetic Google Tasks is, I deleted the tasks calendars thinking I would find a better solution. Long story short, I didn't find anything better and have now entered my tasks into Google Tasks via my web browser. Everything shows up fine in Google and on my Android App (Gtasks free version).

My problem is that I have been unable to make VueMinder sync successfully with the task lists now. Calendars still work perfectly, but I get nothing in tasks.

Here is what I've done and what I'm seeing:
1) I used the "Add Google Tasks" option to add the task lists back into VueMinder.
2) It correctly finds the two task lists I have in Google. So far, so good.
3) When I try syncing, it looks like the sync is working, but keeps coming back with no entries. When I hover over either list in VueMinder it says they are connected with the correct Google account, but it says there are "0 tasks with due dates."

Something's breaking down somewhere, but I'm at a loss to know what exactly the problem even is, much less how to fix it. Any suggestions?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Not finding any items in Google tasks lists

Post by VueSoft » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi wolferc, welcome to the forums.

Please try this:
1. In VueMinder, right-click each task calendar that was previously added from Google.
2. Select the "Delete Calendar" command from the popup menu.
3. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit".
4. Restart VueMinder using the shortcut on the desktop or Start menu.
5. Use the "Add Google Tasks" command on the File menu to re-add the calendars.

Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

wolferc

Re: Not finding any items in Google tasks lists

Post by wolferc » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:20 pm

I feel a little sheepish now... I was closing the program over and over thinking I was restarting it, but I completely forgot it was only going to the tray.

Actually closing and restarting did the trick. Thanks for the good service and the great product.

Blessings!