Re-install issue - Config file corrupt

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
karlsf

Re-install issue - Config file corrupt

Post by karlsf » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:38 pm

In an attempt to re-install the product for another round of evaluations, I get the following error:

(Windows Installer)
"The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support professional"

We intend to purchase, but need to get it back up and running first. I've already deleted the user configuration files as recommended in another support listing.

Windows 7 Pro

Thanks in advance,

/Karl

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Re-install issue - Config file corrupt

Post by VueSoft » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi Karl, welcome to the forums. The error you're seeing is a Windows Installer error which happens when there are incorrect or conflicting values in the registry. Can you check the Control Panel to see if a previous version of VueMinder is still listed as being installed? If so, uninstall the previous version and then try installing again.

If that doesn't fix it, you might need to run a registry cleaner. You could also fix it manually by following these steps:

1. Uninstall VueMinder using the Control Panel, if it's listed.

2. Run "regedit".

3. Search for "VueMinder" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Features" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products".

4. If you find any keys under the paths noted above, delete those keys from the tree on the left side of the Registry Editor. For example, on my computer, the key I'd need to delete would be "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\373279A7C5C57F944B99D088C0478922". Your results are likely different only in the long number string portion at the end.

5. Reboot. Try the installation again.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you are still unable to install, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

karlsf

Post by karlsf » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply, Dan. Unfortunately, I tried all your suggestions. Cleaned out the Registry with CCleaner, rebooted, etc. Still can't past the same Windows Installer error. Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Karl

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi Karl, did you try manually editing the registry as described above? That should have fixed it. Maybe CCleaner didn't fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

karlsf

Post by karlsf » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 am

Dan, I did all the above, just still the same error. I do see tons of VueMinder references still in the Registry, mostly under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1 5-18\

I've tried two (2) different Registry cleaners to date. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Karl

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi Karl, can you try the Microsoft tool linked below and let me know if that doesn't fix it?
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall
Dan Chartrand, Founder

karlsf

Post by karlsf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:13 am

Success! That did the trick. Thanks Dan for all your help. If your customer service is this good for a pre-sales question, I think we're going to like our post-sales support with the product! Thanks again!