Sync Problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
macbeth

Sync Problems

Post by macbeth » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi! Let me start by explaining my setup. I have Vueminder sharing a google calendar over my network of 4 computers, with one pc doing the syncing (2 way). I also have an iphone that I sync with Google calendar also, 2 way. My problem is when I add/delete or edit an event on my phone, the changes show up on google calendar but from there they only show in Vueminder on the pc that's assigned to sync with it-it doesn't show the changes on the 3 other pcs. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync Problems

Post by VueSoft » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi macbeth, can you clarify? Are you sharing the calendar between the 4 PCs using VueMinder Server? Is the calendar you're sharing the same one that is being 2-way synced with Google Calendar from one of the PCs? If so, it should be working. Please double-check the "Sharing" tab of the Calendar Properties window to ensure the calendar is being synced with VueMinder Server. On your other computers, try removing the calendar and then re-add it using the "Add Shared Calendar From Local Network" command on the File menu.

Note, the mixed syncing of Google Calendar and VueMinder Server is really only intended to be used in the case where the other computers on the local network don't have access to the internet or Google Calendar. A simpler (and possibly more robust) option would be to disable sharing over the local network and instead sync each computer 2-way with the same Google Calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

macbeth

Post by macbeth » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:38 am

Hi Dan,
Yes, it is shared over the local network with vueminder server and I did check the sharing tab to make sure it is checked. If I set them all to sync with google calendar won't I lose alot of the functions in vueminder like event appearances? I'll try that and see how it works, thanks,

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi macbeth, when VueMinder syncs through Google Calendar, all the extended data is included and will be visible in VueMinder on other computers that are syncing with the same Google Calendar. Functionally, there shouldn't be any noticeable difference between syncing over your local network and syncing with Google Calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

macbeth

Post by macbeth » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 pm

I disabled sharing, set them all to sync with google calendar and all seems to be working perfectly! Thanks!