Display User Name for server sharing

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
pintoj

Display User Name for server sharing

Post by pintoj » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 am

When installing the VueMinder client display what the user name is going to be for server sharing as it is not always the user name they log in with if the user name has been changed and give them a chance to abort the installation at that point. Let the user know it is recommended to have a unique user name if they plan on sharing their calendars to the local network server but that it isn't required. Give them a help link that goes into a bit more detail about the consequences of having duplicate user names on the network, i.e. that it could get confusing if multiple people think they are all having different calendars when really they are all the same calendar on the server and they start seeing changes to their calendars they don't expect because someone else is making changes to it.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Display User Name for server sharing

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my list. In the meantime, on a fresh install, you can see what username would be used for sharing if looking at the name of the default calendar (i.e., X's Calendar, where X = username).
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA