VueMinder 10.0 Beta

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder 10.0 Beta

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi mihal.v, thank you for the feedback. The column sort order is only being using for the top-level rows, not sub-rows. I'll see if there's a way to also sort the sub-rows and will try to have this fixed before 10.0 becomes official.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:21 am

Beta 11 is now available. This is a release-candidate beta. The download links are provided in the first post of this thread.

Here's the list of the improvements and corrections that have been completed since Beta 10...

VueMinder Lite 10.0 Beta 11
  • Added a "Today" view to the Details Pane, listing the current date's events. This will appear by default when the program is first started. It can also be shown by clicking "Today" in the new drop-down list at the bottom of the Details Pane.
  • Improved the layout and formatting of the Details Pane and event tooltips.
  • Improved the VueMinder icon in the task tray to open the main window with a single left click, rather than needing to double-click the icon.
  • Corrected the "Click to add event" button. When the button was clicked, empty events or events scheduled at the wrong date/time were sometimes created.
  • Corrected the Month view of the main window to allow inline creation of events using the "Click to add" button. The button wasn't appearing.
  • Corrected refreshing of event colors that have no associated category.
  • Corrected adding a birthday or anniversary event from the Contact Editor. Modifications made to the new event, such as adding a reminder or description, were not being saved.
  • Corrected a problem with program options/settings sometimes not automatically saving.
  • Minor corrections and improvements.
  • Updated translations.
VueMinder Pro/Ultimate 10.0 Beta 11
The Pro and Ultimate versions include all the improvements made to the Lite version. In addition, they add the following...
  • Added a "Today" view to the Details Pane, listing the current date's events, notes, and tasks (including overdue tasks). This will appear by default when the program is first started. It can also be shown by clicking "Today" in the new drop-down list at the bottom of the Details Pane.
  • Improved the layout and formatting of the Details Pane and event, note, and task tooltips.
  • Improved the layout and formatting of email reminders.
  • Improved the Links and Files tab names in the Event, Task, Note, and Contact editor windows to indicate the number of associated items, if any.
  • Corrected and improved the Copy button of the Details Pane. The copied text will be nicely formatted for pasting into other programs.
  • Corrected the Status column filter drop-down on the Task List to not repeat status types.
  • Minor corrections and improvements.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mihal.v

Post by mihal.v » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Added a "Today" view to the Details Pane
Thanks Dan. It's really cool feature.

One question: is any way to start tasks automatically (change status to 'In Progress') when start date (time) comes?

P.S. 1) Dan, what UI Roles are used for Details Pane? Appearance Theme Editor doesn't say anything.

2) Please make different appearance for 'completed' events in Details Pane

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi mihal.v, thank you for the feedback.
One question: is any way to start tasks automatically (change status to 'In Progress') when start date (time) comes?
This is not currently an option, but I've added this to my to-do list. It probably won't make it into 10.0, which is now in final testing.
Dan, what UI Roles are used for Details Pane? Appearance Theme Editor doesn't say anything.
The Details Pane is actually a web browser and the content is HTML (so it can render the formatted event descriptions correctly). This is a bit different than most if the other windows within VueMinder, so there's no styling role in the Theme Editor. The Details Pane is styled using a CSS file. I can create more styles and allow these to be selected via the Appearance Options. I can also enable editing of the CSS file for advanced users that know their way around HTML/CSS. These improvements won't make it into 10.0 but I have them on my list of planned improvements for a following release.
Please make different appearance for 'completed' events in Details Pane
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll change completed events to use gray text. This will be in 10.0 and will eventually be configurable by the user as described above.

Thanks again for the feedback. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mihal.v

Post by mihal.v » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 pm

1. Dan, how to make 'Today' the default view for Details Pane?

2. How to remove icons from toolbar (see screenshot 1)?

3. Is it possible to increase tooltip delay?

4. How to fix such appearance (see screenshot 2)?
Attachments
screenshot 2.jpg
screenshot 2.jpg (4.9 KiB) Viewed 34970 times
screenshot 1.jpg
screenshot 1.jpg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 34970 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi mihal.v, thank you for the feedback.
1. Dan, how to make 'Today' the default view for Details Pane?
Select "Today" from the drop-down instead of "Selection". I'll fix this in 10.0 so it will save "Today" as the default if selected.
2. How to remove icons from toolbar (see screenshot 1)?
Unfortunately, there's no option to remove the buttons. These buttons provide additional functionality, like being able to email someone else the day summary, or copy the day summary and paste elsewhere.
3. Is it possible to increase tooltip delay?
I'll add this as an advanced option. It won't make it into 10.0 but will be in a following release.
4. How to fix such appearance (see screenshot 2)?
I'm not sure what is causing that but I'll try to have it fixed in 10.0. Which view (Day, Week, Month, etc) are you seeing it happen in?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mihal.v

Post by mihal.v » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:40 am

I'm not sure what is causing that but I'll try to have it fixed in 10.0. Which view (Day, Week, Month, etc) are you seeing it happen in?
Day and Week view. One of tasks has too long name

mihal.v

Post by mihal.v » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm

In beta 11 Copy/Paste events via Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V sometimes no not work. Can anybody confirm?

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm

mihal.v wrote:In beta 11 Copy/Paste events via Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V sometimes no not work. Can anybody confirm?
It works here. But it pastes always in the wrong calendar – in the default calendar instead of the original calendar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:13 pm

In beta 11 Copy/Paste events via Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V sometimes no not work. Can anybody confirm?
I haven't seen a problem with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V. The shortcuts seem to work consistently in my testing.
But it pastes always in the wrong calendar – in the default calendar instead of the original calendar.
When pasting, the pasted event will be associated with whichever calendar is specified as the default calendar. This is by design and works the same way when creating new events. If you don't want to paste into a different calendar, then make sure to select the desired destination calendar as the default calendar prior to pasting. Also note, you can click the lock button in the "Default calendar" field to prevent the default calendar from switching based on the current selection.
Dan Chartrand, Founder