VueMinder 10.0 Beta

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
omid7092

Re: VueMinder 10.0 Beta

Post by omid7092 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:26 am

Hi Dan
i Uninstall the program and installed beta 7 (Pro and Ultimate) again.... but i didnt see persian in the language menu....
i tested on other computer and laptop too.....

can u tested on other computers and tell me the report?

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:52 am

omid7092 wrote:i Uninstall the program and installed beta 7 (Pro and Ultimate) again.... but i didnt see persian in the language menu....
I don't see this language either in beta 7.

omid7092

Post by omid7092 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:45 am

i said this version of vueminder has not persian language in language menu ....
so im waiting for your answer ....
if i say wrong plz help me
tnx

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:05 pm

My mistake, I forgot to include the Persian language file with the installation. I'll have this fixed for the next beta. In the meantime, you can download the file using the link below.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/langu ... age_fa.zip

Extract the file to the folder where VueMinder is installed (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\VueSoft\VueMinder". Exit and restart VueMinder. After restarting, you should see the Persian language is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Zocor

Post by Zocor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:49 am

Hi.

I have translated and validted 100% to Dutch, it seems i can't get any e-mail to support@vueminder (dot) com, is there any other way to get the translation file to you? Please contact me on my e-mail address in my profile.

Regards, Z. ;)
Last edited by Zocor on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Zocor, welcome to the forums and thank you for your translation! I did receive your email. I also sent you a response containing a link to download your free license. Please let me know if you didn't get my email.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Beta 8 is now available. This version provides a completely re-written text editor with many new capabilities. The popup balloons when hovering over items in the calendar have been improved to allow opening of links directly from the popup.

The Ultimate version adds the ability to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server, which can be used as an alternative to Google Calendar if you'd like to keep VueMinder and your mobile devices in sync, or an alternative to VueMinder Server if you already have Exchange Server and would like to sync VueMinder between PCs on your local network.

Here's the complete list of the improvements and corrections that have been completed since Beta 7...

VueMinder Lite 10.0 Beta 8
  • Added an option to the Month View to view/print multiple calendars side-by-side. This option is accessed via the Month Settings menu after unchecking the "View in Overlay Mode" option.
  • Improved the popup balloon shown when hovering the mouse over an event. The balloon can now be scrolled if there's not enough space for the full details to appear. Links within the balloon can be clicked. The balloon will reduce its size to fit the content.
  • Improved the desktop calendar to show popup balloons when hovering over events without needing to first activate the desktop calendar by clicking.
  • Improved the text editor to support strikethrough, subscript, superscript, and indentation levels.
  • Improved the Event Editor to open more quickly. Also reduced the time required for VueMinder to start.
  • Corrected a problem with text overlapping in popup balloons if using Courier New as the font in the description.
  • Corrected voice reminders to follow the specified template.
  • Corrected the main window to reappear on the monitor where it was previously located, rather than defaulting to the primary monitor after VueMinder is restarted.
  • Corrected syncing past events with Google Calendar if those events had reminders enabled and the option to show reminders for past events is disabled. The reminders will be suppressed when the events sync to VueMinder.
  • Corrected subscribed calendars to be read-only, which will prevent accidental editing or creation of events belonging to subscribed calendars.
  • Corrected an error when attempting to subscribe to some calendars hosted on iCloud.
  • Corrected various problems importing ics files or subscribing.
  • Corrected the Day and Week views to show occurrence numbers in recurring events that have this option enabled.
  • Many minor corrections and improvements.
  • Added Estonian as an available language.
  • Updated the simplified Chinese translation - 100% complete.
  • Updated the Danish translation - 100% complete.
  • Updated the Dutch translation - 100% complete.
  • Updated the German translation - 90% complete.
  • Updated the Spanish translation - 100% complete.
VueMinder Pro 10.0 Beta 8
The Pro version includes all the improvements made to the Lite version. In addition, it adds the following...
  • Improved the text editor to allow insertion of tables, bullet lists, and number lists.
  • Improved the text editor to allow properties of previously inserted pictures and hyperlinks to be modified.
  • Improved the text editor to support spell-checking of non-English languages.
  • Improved the various sub-windows of the text editor, such as the window shown when inserting an image, to be translated to the selected language instead of always appearing in English.
  • Corrected processing of email, SMS, and voice phone reminders in recurring events. In some cases, when a reminder was sent for one occurrence, the reminder would no longer be scheduled for future occurrences.
  • Corrected processing of email reminders if multiple past-due reminders are scheduled for the same event or task. Only one reminder will be sent instead of each past due reminder that was scheduled.
  • Corrected handling of the condition where an email, SMS, or voice phone reminder is enabled for an event but no recipients are selected. The editor window will remain open so the problem can be corrected without losing the reminder settings.
  • Corrected the "Add Outlook Calendar" window when the option to sync the calendar is unchecked. The calendar would be synced 2-way regardless.
  • Corrected the Links tab to properly refresh after the "Link New" command is used to link to a new event, task, note, or contact. The new link will appear on the Links tab after the new item is saved.
  • Corrected shortcut keys in the Task and Note Editor windows. Shortcuts such as Ctrl+S (save and close) were not working.
  • Corrected processing of the checkboxes in the Calendar Items list when multiple note or task calendars are defined and located in separate groups. In some cases, checking one group's box would result in another group also being checked.
  • Corrected the Event list when rows are grouped to not collapse all grouped rows when VueMinder is restarted.
  • Corrected the Category column in the Task List to be properly shown or hidden when commanded.
  • Many minor corrections and improvements.
VueMinder Ultimate 10.0 Beta 8
The Ultimate version includes all the improvements made to the Lite version. In addition, it adds the following...
  • Added the ability to sync events with Microsoft Exchange Server. Calendars can be added and synced using the "Add Exchange Calendar" command on the File menu.
  • Corrected exporting of custom task fields to Excel.
  • Corrected read-only events and tasks to not allow custom data to be modified on the editor window.
The download links are provided in the first post. A few more improvements are planned, but we're getting close to wrapping it up and making version 10.0 official.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mihal.v

Post by mihal.v » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:17 am

Great beta, thank you.
Please pay attention: when you press Ctrl+O in Tasks VM always open only first created task.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:22 am

Hi mihal.v, welcome to the forums. When Ctrl+O is pressed, the currently selected item (event, task, note, or contact) will be opened.

On the Task list, click a row to select that task and then press Ctrl+O. It should open the task that is selected. At least, that's how it works when I test it. Please let me know if you see different behavior.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sicupnux

Post by sicupnux » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi,

I just installed the Lite 10 beta 8 version and it seems like customising the appearance of the 'Default' category is now buggy. It resets when restarting the program.

And so is selecting it when creating a new event: if you click on another category and then want to click back on 'Default', it won't select it, unless no category is selected, or at least 2 other categories are selected.

I haven't tried changing the colours for other categories or making new ones.