VueMinder 10.0 Beta

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Belle

Re: VueMinder 10.0 Beta

Post by Belle » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:43 am

Hi. I'm currently working on the Dutch translation, is there an option to replace all occurrences of a word at once? The translation into Dutch for the word 'calendar' is inconsistent and therefore requires a lot of manual updating (probably the most used word in the file ;) ). I can filter them, but don't see an option to replace at once. Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Belle, thanks for the feedback. I'll add a search/replace capability to the translation editor in the next beta. In the meantime, try this:

1. In the Translation Editor of VueMinder, click the "Save" button. This will save your current changes. Very important!

2. In the Program Options (accessed via the Options menu), click the folder icon on the right side of the "Data folder" field. This will open the data folder in Windows Explorer, which is where the edited translation file is saved. For Dutch, the file name is "language_nl.tsv".

3. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit".

4. Make a backup copy of the language file, just in case.

5. Start Notepad or an equivalent text editor. Open the file in the editor or drag-and-drop into its window.

6. Use the "Replace All" feature in the text editor.

7. Save the file and then restart VueMinder, where you'll see the text has been updated.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Beta 6 is now available. This version contains the following improvements and corrections:
  • Improved the Translation Editor to include a "Find and Replace" command.
  • Improved the Translation Editor to include Undo and Redo commands.
  • Improved the Translation Editor to prompt to save changes before the window is closed.
  • Corrected the Day and Week views to zoom in and out by using the mouse scroll wheel while holding the Ctrl key.
  • Corrected the zoom in/out buttons on the Day and Week views when using a non-English language.
  • Corrected a problem with some translated values always being shown in lower-case.
  • Corrected a problem sending email reminders if the only recipient is the event/task creator.
  • Corrected a problem with multiple multiple email, SMS, and telephone reminders being sent for a newly created event or task, if it has multiple reminders scheduled for different times, and some of those times have already occurred in the past.
  • Corrected a problem with events or tasks that have both popup reminders and desktop alerts defined. Both reminders would reappear at the same time after having been snoozed previously, even if they were snoozed for different times.
  • Corrected a problem with telephone reminders not being sent.
  • Other minor corrections and improvements.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

gjbth

Post by gjbth » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Hello Dan,

I think I asked for this feature a while back, but I know you have been way too busy with other more major features.

Anyway thought I would ask again while you are working on a new major release. How about being able to drag and drop files onto events in the calendar view and have them linked to that event. This would be in addition to using the 'files' tab in the event creation dialog.

Best Regards

btw this is still the best app of its kind available anywhere.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi gjbth, v10.0 is still in work and I'm planning on adding more improvements, including the ability to drag-and-drop files into events, notes, or tasks. I think I'll have this finished in the next beta. I'll let you know when it's available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Beta 7 is now available. The following improvements and corrections have been completed since Beta 6.
  • Added the ability to drag-and-drop files from Windows Explorer into events, tasks, and notes.
  • Improved the Details Pane to show when a task was completed. This information is also shown in the task tooltip and when hovering over the "Status" field in the Task Editor.
  • Corrected the font name and size buttons on the Appearance toolbar when the toolbar is docked vertically.
  • Other minor corrections and improvements.
The download links are provided in the first post.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

omid7092

Post by omid7092 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am

hi dear
i didnt see pesian language in the languages menu for editing ..... can u tel me do u support persian language now?

gjbth

Post by gjbth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 am

VueSoft wrote:[*] Added the ability to drag-and-drop files from Windows Explorer into events, tasks, and notes.
Thank you Dan, this feature is such a time saver for me, awesome!. :D

I have no idea if this is even possible but maybe it could be extended to allow files to be dropped directly into the details pane as well. And even some mechanism to have events,notes etc to be dropped onto other events so that they become linked.

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:07 am

VueSoft wrote:
  • Added the ability to drag-and-drop ...
Hi Dan,

thanks for the update.

Adding the ability to drag-and-drop text in the language editor like in a standard text editor is not possible?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 pm

i didnt see pesian language in the languages menu for editing ..... can u tel me do u support persian language now?
Hi omid7092, did you install the latest beta? If so, you should see the Persian language listed on the Language menu. Are you not seeing this menu option?
Adding the ability to drag-and-drop text in the language editor like in a standard text editor is not possible?
Hi VMUser, I spent about a day trying to get it to work. It's actually much more complex than file drag-and-drop because normally dragging the mouse in a cell should select text. I need to handle the case where the mouse is dragged over previously selected text. I had it "sort of" working, but it was buggy and didn't handle all cases. The grid component is very similar to Excel. For what it's worth, Excel doesn't provide this text-dragging-within-a-cell functionality either.

I haven't given up on it, but there are some other more pressing things I'm currently working on, like getting VueMinder to sync with Exchange Server.
I have no idea if this is even possible but maybe it could be extended to allow files to be dropped directly into the details pane as well. And even some mechanism to have events,notes etc to be dropped onto other events so that they become linked.
Hi gjbth, thank you for the suggestions. I'll let you know if these are added.
Dan Chartrand, Founder