Bulk events to not appear on date

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
condition

Bulk events to not appear on date

Post by condition » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 am

Hello, I have some daily tasks that I am not interested to view inside vueminder's calendar, although I let vueminder to handle them. For example I have set twice a day to launch a small program, that shows the namedays and birthdays of my contacts.

Is it possible that this daily event is hidden and does not appear on the calendar?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Bulk events to not appear on date

Post by VueSoft » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:13 am

Hi condition, you could assign the event to a particular category and then filter that category from display by using the checkbox on the Categories tab. See the documentation for more detail:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rlist.html

The Categories tab is the second icon, to the right of the "Calendars" tab.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

condition

Post by condition » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:59 am

thanks

condition

Post by condition » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:09 am

Well, something similar: can I assign one category to not synchronize with google? So all my reminders will be synced except this category that its meant to launch some webpages.

Thanks in advance.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi condition, unfortunately there's no mechanism to exclude certain categories from syncing with Google Calendar. You'd probably need to create a separate local calendar that is not configured to sync. When defining an event you don't want to appear in Google Calendar, make sure to assign the event to the non-syncing calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

condition

Post by condition » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:53 am

Hello, I have followed your instructions but still have a problem. Although the new calendar doesn't sync with google, it doesn't open the web pages and programs on time. For example I have set it to open a small program every workday at 09:30. It doesn't open it, until there is an event from the main calendar (the one that syncs with google). So if I have a reminder from my main calendar on 10:30, the small program that the secondary calendar is set to open at 09:30 opens together with the reminder of the main calendar.

Same with opening of web pages. The main calendar that gets synced with google works properly but the other doesn't open web pages or programs daily. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

condition

Post by condition » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:18 am

Also, as I tried to delete the new calendar and then recreate it, the import function miss available actions. All the checkboxes are grey.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi condition, thank you for the information. It appears there's a bug where the "Run a program" action sometimes doesn't get properly scheduled. I apologize for the problem and will have this fixed in the next version.

Regarding the actions not importing, can you confirm the box labeled "Export reminders and extended data" was checked on the Export Events window when exporting to an ICS file? Also, when importing, make sure the box labeled "Import reminders and extended data" is checked.

Note, the "Run a program" action type will not import. This is a security precaution. I'll improve this so instead of the action being suppressed while importing, a security message will appear asking if you want to enable program actions (if any are detected). Just be aware that if the file comes from someone else, it might be dangerous to enable the program actions since they could do almost anything.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

condition

Post by condition » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:20 am

Thanks for being so responsive. Waiting for the fix.
Note, the "Run a program" action type will not import. This is a security precaution.
Then that is it. I have all that you asked checked and it retains the title of the reminder but not the action. It seems that its due to the security precaution.

condition

Post by condition » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi condition, thank you for the information. It appears there's a bug where the "Run a program" action sometimes doesn't get properly scheduled. I apologize for the problem and will have this fixed in the next version.
Hi, it seems that the "Run a Program" function has been fixed with the new beta 10.0.0_BETA_8

Can you confirm? Thanks