Event Linking

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
jakeawake

Event Linking

Post by jakeawake » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I would love to have the capability to add time based links to events - making them dependent on another event's position. In other words:

If Event #2 is defined as being 2 days after Event #1...
and Event #1 is placed on Monday 7/30 (all day event) - Event #2 automatically appears on Wed 8/1.

If Event #1 is then moved to Tuesday 7/31, Event #2 automatically moves to Thurs 8/2.

Ideally it could be defined as either counting weekends as days or not - i.e. defining an event as 2 BUISNESS days after another event, so if Event #1 were on Friday, Event #2 would be on Tuesday. Or if you chose 2 CALENDAR days instead, then Event #2 would be on Sunday. Also would love be able to string multiple events into a chain this way, so when the 1st event changes, a chain of 5 or 10 events all update accordingly.

Lastly - keeping this compatible with Google calendar sync. So events could be defined this way in Google calendars that have been added to VueMinder with 2-way sync.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Event Linking

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi jakeawake, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. I have this on my list of planned improvements and will let you know when it's completed. In the meantime, you can do some of this with tasks, via the "Start/Due" tab on the Task Editor.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA