Problems publishing to google

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
lancasdt

Problems publishing to google

Post by lancasdt » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:20 am

First let me say I'm on the 60 day trial of the PRO version and I have to say I am super impressed, what a great program. I'm a poor student and I'll probably reach into my pockets to buy it (on a side note: you don't do a student discount, do you?)

So despite VueMinder's awesomeness, I am unable to publish my events created to my calendars, specifically my google calendars. I subscribed to them just fine using the private ICal address, and input the same address to publish them. When I try to sync though I get this:
Unable to publish calendar 'xxxxxx'
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

I tried doing server authentication but that didn't work.

I have another quick question: is there a way to subscribe to a private G-calendar that belongs to someone else but has been shared with you?

Sorry if either of these are repeats questions, I looked but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help,
David

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problems publishing to google

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi David, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. There is a student discount of 30%. You can learn more about the discount here:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... l-discount

Google Calendar does not support publishing via the iCal URL. Instead, you can sync VueMinder with Google Calendar by using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. Any events you created in Google Calendar will automatically sync to VueMinder, and vice versa. The syncing happens through Google Calendar's v3 API, and is not the same thing as publishing/subscribing to the iCal URL. You can learn more about syncing with Google Calendar by clicking the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... endar.html

Google Calendars that have been shared with your Google account but are owned by someone else will be listed under the "Other Google Calendars" section in the Add Google Calendar window. If the sharing permissions allow you to modify the calendar, then syncing will default to 2-way. Otherwise, it will be 1-way.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA