An interesting delete-event Google Sync Probl w 2 calendars

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
bgxx

An interesting delete-event Google Sync Probl w 2 calendars

Post by bgxx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 am

First, congratulations for this wonderful program which is by far the best.

I have 2 Google Calendars (same account two different calendars) under the VueMinder calendar group of "My Calendars". Both calendars are ok and synching with Google Account almost properly. Any change of any event of both calendars syncs without problem, but, if I delete any event from VueMinder, delete-sync with Google working with one of the calendars only. The interesting point is that, delete-event-sync is ok only for the calendar which is placed "on top" of the "My Calendars" group. Delete-event-sync is not working for the other calendar which is below the other. Another interesting thing is that, if I shift the places of the calendars on the VueMinder Calendar Items View, then the delete-sync is working for the other calendar which is placed on the top.

Is this probably a bug or am I doing something wrong ?
Thanks and best regards

Edit:
------
I've tested again and noticed that this sync failure (no delete on google calendar) especially occurs if I manually sync VueMinder within 3-5 seconds immediately after deleting the event.
Sorry for my poor English, I hope I've managed to explain the problem.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: An interesting delete-event Google Sync Probl w 2 calend

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi bgxx, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. I haven't been able to duplicate this problem. Could you try syncing your computer's clock with an internet time server, or pick a different time server in the Calendar Options? I think that might help.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bgxx

Re: An interesting delete-event Google Sync Probl w 2 calend

Post by bgxx » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:54 am

Thank you for your reply.

I've changed the time server in my computer as time.nist.gov (same as in Vueminder) and synced my computer clock successfully. Unfortunately this didn't change anything and the delete-sync problem of the calendar in the second rank (not at the top) still continues. As I mentioned before, this problem occurs only if I sync the calendars MANUALLY by pressing F5. If I delete the event and wait for the automatic sync, everything is working properly and Vueminder deletes the event in the Google Calender successfully.

It is really hard to find out the logic behind this problem for me, maybe you have a chance to find one :)

All the best.