task bar icon

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
colmack

task bar icon

Post by colmack » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Is there a way to reduce the size of the task bar icon, so that it displays the small calendar image only without the words "VueMinder Pro - User's Calendar" [actually truncated to "VueMinder Pro..."]? I think it used to be like that, but I'm not sure if it's my memory playing tricks! I am running version 9.1.3 on Windows 7.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: task bar icon

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi colmack, welcome to the forums. The text in the task tray matches the text of the Window title. This is a Windows OS thing - not something VueMinder does.

One of the more recent improvements was to include the name of the currently active calendar in the window title. This is helpful if you have multiple calendars defined, since it reminds you which calendar will be the default for any new events. If you only use one calendar, I can see how that might not be as useful.

In any case, you can rename your calendar to something shorter. Instead of "User's Calendar", rename it "Me" or "Cal" or whatever you want. This will make the text on the task bar icon shorter. To rename the calendar, right-click its name in the "Calendar Items" area of the main window and select "Rename Calendar" from the popup menu.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA