Desktop Calendar Appereance

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
condition

Desktop Calendar Appereance

Post by condition » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:23 am

Hello, I don't know if I ask much, but I would love the following feature and I don't know if it is already implemented:

I want to have the desktop calendar fully transparent (opacity slider to the left) AND all the events (past & future) not transparent at all.

So at the end I will have as a desktop background a transparent day (or week/month) with fully bright events. Is this possible now?

Also how can I set default custom appearance of the events? So every new event is set to bold, underlined and red color letters.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Calendar Appereance

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:39 am

Hi condition, thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. The desktop calendar opacity affects all items on the window, including events. It would require some pretty major rework to allow different pieces of the window to have different opacity levels.

Regarding a default appearance for new events, this is provided by the calendar appearance (assuming the View -> Color Events option is set to use calendar colors). The calendar colors can be specified on the "Settings" tab of the Calendar Properties window. Any new events belonging to the calendar will automatically get the specified appearance. The appearance can include font styles as well as colors. See the links below for more detail:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... l#settings
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... ditor.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

condition

Re: Desktop Calendar Appereance

Post by condition » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:45 am

Thanks for your detailed reply. :)