Does VueMinder Sync with Yahoo! Calendar?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Muad`Dib

Does VueMinder Sync with Yahoo! Calendar?

Post by Muad`Dib » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 am

I suspect the answer is no, since I searched the forum for "Yahoo" and only found 4 posts (and none of them about their calendar), but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I know that Yahoo calendar can export ICS files, but that requires me to manually "synchronize" the VM calendar with the Yahoo one, and since I'd actually need to export multiple Yahoo calendars, it wouldn't be particularly efficient use of time.

If VM doesn't currently support synching with Yahoo calendars, are there any plans to do so in the (relatively) near future?

While I'd prefer to use Google as an online calendar, the calendars I'd like to synch with are from work (and they're using Yahoo), and I have no control over what system they use.

I'll await a reply with my fingers crossed!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Does VueMinder Sync with Yahoo! Calendar?

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi Muad`Dib, welcome to the forums. VueMinder doesn’t support 2-way syncing with Yahoo Calendar. However, you can add a subscription to your Yahoo calendar, so any events defined in Yahoo Calendar will automatically appear in VueMinder the next time the calendar syncs. To do this, follow these steps:

1. In Yahoo Calendar, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name, on the left side of the page.

2. Click “Share” on the menu.

3. Click the “iCalendar and Web Address” category.

4. Right-click the URL (starts with http://calendar.yahoo.com/...) and copy the link.

5. In VueMinder, click the “Add Calendar Subscription” command on the File menu.

6. Right-click the location text field and select “Paste” to paste the URL that was copied in step 4.

7. If your calendar frequently updates, change the update interval from “Every day” to something more frequent.

8. Click the OK button.

9. After a few seconds, your Yahoo Calendar events will appear in VueMinder. Note, this is 1-direction only. If you add events to VueMinder, they won’t appear in Yahoo Calendar. For 2-way sync, you’d need to sync VueMinder with Google Calendar instead.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA