Overdue tasks on Day tab

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
pgeo2000

Overdue tasks on Day tab

Post by pgeo2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:23 am

Hi,
First of all, thanks for the great program!
However, I have a question. Is it possible to show overdue tasks on the "Day" tab ?
I have many recurrent tasks which I don't want to float ("Float to current date when overdue" option) because I don't want to change due date of the next recurrences (and I want to know the original due date).
On the other hand, I postpone them quite frequently so they get out of view (out of Day view, at least).
And I don't want to go to the 'Tasks' tab to chase the red items - I would rather prefer to see them in one place, together with the daily events.
Is this possible somehow ?

Thank you,
George

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Overdue tasks on Day tab

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:00 am

Hi George, welcome to the forums. The main VueMinder window can be rearranged so you can see your task list at the same time as the Day view. To do this, click and drag the "Tasks" tab to one of the edges of the window. The tab will dock where it's dragged. You can also resize it after it has been docked.

You can find more detailed instructions under the "Selecting and Arranging Views" section of the page linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rview.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

pgeo2000

Post by pgeo2000 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:04 am

But it's not the same. You have always to check two places (and keep them both visible at the same time). The day/week/month for current events/tasks, and the Tasks tab - for the more important overdue tasks.

Besides this, the overdue tasks on the Tasks pane will only be red when the setting 'Color events using...' is set to 'Calendar colors' or 'Current tab' and the current tab is Calendar. Any other setting will make the tasks not to change colors when overdue, thus making them very difficult to spot.

Wouldn't it be better to have an option to move overdue tasks to the current day, like 'Float to current date when overdue' setting, but with keeping of the original due date ? E.g. if the task is due on 06/23, show it in red on 06/25 (today), with the remark that it's 2 days overdue. Completing the task would consider 06/23 as due date (good for recurrent tasks).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi George, currently when floating tasks are moved to the current date, the due date is updated. I'll need to expand the data structure to preserve the original due date, so the overdue tasks can be colored accordingly and the original due date can be indicated. I'll let you know when this improvement is available.

In the meantime, you can trick floating tasks into appearing red (overdue) by setting the task to be due at a date AND time, instead of just a date. Set the time to 12:00 AM. When the task floats to the current date, it will always be overdue. I realize this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it might help.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA