Problem with the time frame for "Available actions".

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problem with the time frame for "Available actions".

Post by VueSoft » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Are you using 10.1.0? I thought I fixed this. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Yes, I'm using 10.0.1

In my post, I state that it seems you fixed the problem for one type of reminder but not the other.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 am

Okay, you're using version 10.0.1. Please update from version 10.0.1 (released on Nov 18) to version 10.1.0 (released on Dec 1). Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 am

Clarification - I remember now the original issue. Yes, you did fix that.
The original issue was that if I had several tasks set for a certain time, e.g., 3:00 PM, and I wanted to Snooze all of them for different time periods, they would all have their reminders reappear together, at the shortest time period I'd set.

That issue is taken care of. Well done.

The only thing I find occurring now is the large reminder, when there are several reminders set for the same time period, that the large reminder will have "8 Hours" as the time frame for a Snooze, even if originally they were all set for "2 Hours".

So if I had several items set to Snooze for 2 hours, the reminders will correctly appear again in 2 hours.

So if I want it to Snooze for another 2 Hours, instead of just clicking "Snooze" again, I have to reset the Snooze time for "2 Hours", because it keeps showing "8 Hours" when it reappears.

(I hope that's clear).

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 am

VueSoft wrote:Okay, you're using version 10.0.1. Please update from version 10.0.1 (released on Nov 18) to version 10.1.0 (released on Dec 1). Does that fix it?
I just noticed the above post of yours.
I'd thought I was using the updated version.
Now I see that the update is 10.1.0, and I have 10.0.1.

Didn't pay enough attention originally.

Will update now and report back. Thanks for the prompt responses.

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 am

Dan, it does indeed appear now to be fixed.

Thank you for your attention to this.

Excellent product, excellent cs.

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 am

I came across another problem with the Reminders.

I find that with the new build, I can mark an event in the future as "Completed", yet the Reminders - desktop and popup - still occur.

E.g., I have an Event for 12-27 - "Library".
But I take care of it in advance, and on 12-22 I go into that Event card and mark it as "Completed".
But I had both types of Reminders scheduled for "15 Minutes" before Event on 12-27.
On 12-27 both Reminders appear, even though the Event was marked as "Completed" 5 days earlier.

This did not happen with the previous builds.

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:15 am

One suggestion/request - As you know, now when a Reminder appears, and I wish to reschedule the Reminder for a later time, there is a popup that appears on the upper left of my screen that I need to click to complete that action.

Since the popup Reminders appear on the lower right of the screen, is it possible to have that Confirmation popup of the new Reminder time appear on the lower right of the screen as well.
This would be much more convenient.

If I have several Reminders on screen on the same time, and wish to renew them all, I've tried pulling the Confirmation popup to the lower right and then clicking on it.
But the next Confirmation popup again appears on the upper left of the screen.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Gogo, thank you for the feedback. I believe you're referring to the confirmation that appears when attempting to snooze a reminder past its starting time. I'll improve this so the confirmation window will appear near the popup reminder window. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed.

In the meantime, you can adjust where popup reminders will appear, so they'll be closer to the confirmation window. This is a setting in the Reminder Options, accessed via the Options menu. Select the desired location from the "Window docking" drop-down list.

Note, you can disable the snooze confirmation by unchecking the Reminder Option labeled "Warn if a reminder is snoozed past the start time".

Thanks again for the feedback. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 pm

~~~~