syncing stopped with Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
laavista

syncing stopped with Google Calendar

Post by laavista » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 pm

My syncing has stopped with Google Calendar. I sync to the Google calendar so our iPad and iPhone also have the events.

My original configuration was for my computer to be the 'main' calendar and I was synced with my Google calendar. Then my computer was synced with my husband's over our home network. After the latest software update, I had all kinds of trouble (events disappearing, etc). Dan provided help and suggested that my calendar and my husband's calendar each be synced to the Google calendar (and not networked). We changed to this configuration and it worked for at least a month. Yesterday, it stopped syncing to the Google calendar. Nothing has changed in either of our computers (no new software, etc.) nor was any change made to the Google calendar.

Reading the forum discussions, I tried Dan's suggestion to another person and checked the following. My verification was off and VueMinder is in the list.
Try logging into your account and then click the link below:
https://www.google.com/settings/security?hl=en

Change the 2-step verification to OFF. Under "Authorizing applications and sites", click Edit and then make
sure VueMinder is in the list.

Help!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: syncing stopped with Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 am

Hi laavista, I'm currently investigating the problem. I have a couple theories on what might be causing the syncing and authentication problems, but haven't nailed it down yet.

In the meantime, does exiting and restarting VueMinder fix it? If not, try this:
1. Right-click the calendar name and select "Delete Calendar".
2. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit".
3. Restart VueMinder using the Start menu or desktop shortcut.
4. Click the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu to re-add the calendar.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

laavista

Post by laavista » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Dan, your customer service is better than any other company's--bar none. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and respond to questions on this forum.

I've narrowed down the problem. I use different colors for different events (appointments). I copied a specific event that had the appearance scheme I wanted, then pasted it in two different days. I changed the dates, subjects, times, etc. These are the ones that did not sync. This morning I deleted both of the pasted events and created them from scratch and they synced ??!?

The one I copied was not a recurrence and there was nothing special about the event except for the appearance. I don't know why this would cause the pasted events not to sync.

Thanks again, Dan, for helping.

Karan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Karan, thanks for the information. The problem with pasted events not syncing has been fixed for the next version. I'll post a reply when it's available to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

laavista

Post by laavista » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Dan: Glad you found the solution! I figured that a 'sync' flag or something had to be reset when an event was copied/pasted.

I'll look forward to the new release!

Thanks again
Karan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Karan, this has been fixed in version 9.1.3, which was just released. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.

Note, you might need to delete and re-paste any previously pasted events that weren't syncing. The problem has been fixed for new events that are pasted, but I'm not sure it will be fixed for previously pasted events.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

laavista

Post by laavista » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:29 pm

This is great. Thank you so much for letting me know!