Version 9.1.2 Problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dhhall11
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Version 9.1.2 Problem

Post by dhhall11 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:48 am

Just updated to 9.1.2 I import 2 calendars from Google. One is fine, the other is blank. I have tried deleting it and bringing it back and no luck.

User avatar
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:39 am
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Contact:

Re: Version 9.1.2 Problem

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Hmm, that's odd. Do you have any filters enabled, maybe something that is causing events to be hidden? Try clicking the "Show All Events" command on the File menu.

If that doesn't explain it, are you "importing" the calendar by using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu? Does the calendar belong to the same account as the one that is working? Are you sure the calendar contains events when viewed on the Google Calendar web page?

I don't think I have enough information to determine what is causing the problem. Could you possibly share the problematic calendar with support(@)vueminder.com? The sharing settings are on the Google Calendar web page. Click the arrow next to the calendar name and then select "Share this calendar" from the popup menu. I'll try adding the calendar to see if I get the same behavior. Maybe there's something different about the calendar that is causing the problem. At this point, I have no idea what is causing the problem. All my calendars sync fine.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dhhall11
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Version 9.1.2 Problem

Post by dhhall11 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:48 pm

I have sent my two Google calendars to support(@)vueminder.com. The calendar "dennis" works on VueMinder and "FCC Calendar" does not. They both worked fine before the update. Thanks for looking at them. We do share "FCC Calendar" on our Church's web page.

User avatar
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:39 am
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Contact:

Re: Version 9.1.2 Problem

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Thank you for the information. I was able to duplicate the problem. For whatever reason, attempting to get the events belonging to the FCC Calendar causes Google to return error "500 Internal Server Error", with no additional information about what is causing the problem.

As far as I can determine, this is a bug in the Google Calendar v3 API, not in VueMinder. I've confirmed this by using Google's API Explorer tool, where I get the same error. Specifically, the "calendar.events.list" request is failing, which is the method VueMinder uses to get a list of events belonging to a calendar. It was working previously because VueMinder was using the now obsolete v2 API.

Here's what I see, with sensitive stuff redacted...

Request

Code: Select all

GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars/xxx%40group.calendar.google.com/events?key=xxx

Authorization:  Bearer ya29.xxx
X-JavaScript-User-Agent:  Google APIs Explorer


Response

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error
 
- Show headers -
  
{
 "error": {
  "code": 500,
  "message": null
 }
}


Basically, the response I'm getting back from the Google Calendar server is saying there's an error, but the message (which typically explains what caused the error) is not helpful because it's empty (null).

Maybe Google will fix this, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. You'll probably need to delete and re-create the Google Calendar. My guess is that a new calendar will sync correctly. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Post Reply