Chiming Reminder + FAQ download problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
eager to learn

Chiming Reminder + FAQ download problem

Post by eager to learn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 am

Hi,

I've never used a calendar program.

I tried to download the FAQ to my hard drive but I see a CHM file but it never prompted me where to save the FAQ file so I have no idea if it downloaded and if so where it is.

I'm trying to set up a reminder on certain days so it chimes or plays music to remind me to look at the calendar and see what's so important for that day I wanted reminding but I'm not sure how to do that as I can't find the FAQ.

Thank you.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Chiming Reminder + FAQ download problem

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:14 am

Hello and welcome to the forums. You can access the help documentation online. The topic you're looking for is linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... inder.html

Sounds can be specified on the "Content" tab of the reminder settings, as described in the page linked above.

Regarding the offline help, if you downloaded it, it probably went into your "Downloads" folder. You can access all the documentation online, but if you prefer to use the offline help, use Windows Explorer to open the Downloads folder and look for a file named VueMinder_Pro_Ultimate_Help.chm. Right-click the file to open its properties, and then click the "Unblock" button. You'll only need to do this once. More information can be found in the troubleshooting section of the page linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... umentation

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:41 pm

I was able to download and open the FAQ - progress!

I click the Options tab > then Reminders but I don't see any Event Editor so I don't see the options for setting the date, choosing sounds or voice reminder, etc.

How exactly do I navigate to that window - step-by-step from the opening window?

Thank you!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:04 pm

To create a new event, use the "New -> Event" command on the File menu. Events can't be created from the Reminder Options window. Reminders are associated with events. For example, you could have an event for a person's birthday, and a reminder that is shown 2 days in advance. See the page below for the Event Editor documentation:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html

On each page of the documentation, in the upper-right corner, there's a "How to get here" section, which explains the various methods you an use to get to a certain place in the software.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:58 pm

So, I've created an event now and it appears in the calendar. I've searched in the Help file downloaded but it doesn't seem clear how I now activate a reminder.

I clicked the tab Options and then chose Reminders in the drop-down menu but there is no window of choices for voice reminder, chime, music, etc.

It just has items like docking and visible columns.

Once a date/event is created how does one then create a reminder?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 pm

You can enable a reminder on the "Action" tab of the Event Editor window. This is explained in the documentation, linked below. Scroll down to the section named "Action".
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html
Dan Chartrand, Founder

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:21 am

OK, I open the day of the event and I see there is an Action tab above that - I guess what I'm seeing is the Event Editor?

I only see under actions - create a pop up and create desktop reminder. There is no send an e-mail or send a text message. How do I reach those options?

Also, I thought there was a voice reminder option like they have in Outlook where your voice recording of the meeting announces the event 15 minutes or whenever you set it to announce? I don't see any voice alert action choices.

Also, can you use your own music as a reminder? ex. 15 minutes before the meeting Perfect starts to play

Thank you!

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 pm

I set up, as a trial, a desktop reminder to myself for today but I never saw anything pop up or remain resident on my screen.

I created the event, then placed a check mark next to desktop reminder and scheduled the reminder for 15 minutes before the meeting scheduled for 1PM (it was created at 11:35AM).

Is there a lag time between when you can create a new event and when a reminder can be programmed for that event? Ex. Need 24 hours between creating the even and scheduling a reminder so one can not create an event one day and then create a reminder for that event that same day for an event 2 hours later?

Thank you!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:27 pm

I created the event, then placed a check mark next to desktop reminder and scheduled the reminder for 15 minutes before the meeting scheduled for 1PM (it was created at 11:35AM).
If the event begins at 1:00 PM and the reminder is scheduled for 15 minutes before the event start, then the reminder will appear at 12:45 PM. There's no lag time before a reminder can be enabled.
I only see under actions - create a pop up and create desktop reminder. There is no send an e-mail or send a text message. How do I reach those options?
The email and text message reminder types are in the Pro and Ultimate versions. If you don't see those options, then you're using the (free) Lite version. You can perform an in-place upgrade using the "Upgrade" button at the top of the main window. All existing data will be preserved and the software will be fully functional for 60 days, after which you can purchase a license to continue using the software or return to the Lite version.
Also, I thought there was a voice reminder option like they have in Outlook where your voice recording of the meeting announces the event 15 minutes or whenever you set it to announce? I don't see any voice alert action choices.
On the "Content" tab of the reminder settings, check the box labeled "Play voice reminder" to enable a voice reminder. You need to click the Content tab before you're see this. If you read the documentation linked below, it should make more sense.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... ml#content
Also, can you use your own music as a reminder? ex. 15 minutes before the meeting Perfect starts to play
Yes, check the box labeled "Play media" and then click the "..." button to browse for the file you want to play. This is all explained in the documentation linked above...
Dan Chartrand, Founder

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm using the Lite version and in that I'm not provided the options of any box labeled "Play voice reminder" or a box labeled "Play media."

I created an event for 1PM. I then created a Reminder for 12:45PM but no reminder ever popped up or showed itself in any way. 1PM arrived with no reminder at all even though at 11:30AM I had created the reminder to appear at 15 minutes before the 1pm event.