Subscribed Calender loses events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rjm01

Subscribed Calender loses events

Post by rjm01 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm

I subscribe to a family calender that is a Google calender - it is easier to subscribe because I lose access otherwise for some reason. I also lose the latest updates - the previous events are still there, but the last set seems to disappear. The work around is to resubscribe every time this happens, but this is getting old. Any suggestions?

rjm01

Re: Subscribed Calender loses events

Post by rjm01 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 pm

I used the update function and it seem to work for some of the events, not all of them. Does this mean I will have to manually update every day?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Can you share the Google Calendar with my account, support(@)vueminder.com, so I can determine what is causing the problem? I'm not seeing the problem with any of my calendars.

On the Google Calendar web page, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name and then select "Share this calendar" from the popup menu. I'll try subscribing to the Google Calendar to see if I can get the same behavior.

For what it's worth, you should be able to use the "Add Google Calendar" command to sync directly with the calendar, rather than adding it as a subscription. In any case, I'll try to figure it out.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:05 pm

The Google calender does not show up on my list otherwise I would do this. I have sent the ics file by email.

John Morgan

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm

I seem to be losing Saturday events only now. This might be a bug.

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 pm

I found a work around - subscribe, then unsubscribe. The events are loaded and no further changes are made. Then share over a local network. This means manually updating by reversing the process occasionally, but it woks.