Error processing ...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VMUser

Re: Error processing ...

Post by VMUser » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:55 am

New version 10.0 Beta 7: It still happens:
Fehler bei der Verarbeitung "http://mydomain.de/_wichtige_Daten/2_Calendar2.ics" ...

Der Fehler ist: expecting "COLON", found '
' in Zeile 2626 und Spalte 85.
Fehler bei der Verarbeitung von "http://mydomain.de/_wichtige_Daten/2_Calendar2.ics" ...

' in Zeile 7645 und Spalte 75.
Fehler bei der Verarbeitung von "http://mydomain.de/_wichtige_Daten/2_Calendar2.ics" ...

' in Zeile 1536 und Spalte 95.
09/04/2012:

Der Fehler ist: expecting "END", found ' ' in Zeile 7864 und Spalte 20.

' in Zeile 7016 und Spalte 23.
etc., etc., etc. ...

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:42 am

I already mentioned that I use two PCs for those iCal files. Both are subscribed and publishing to the same iCal files.

Is it a possible error cause, that both PCs are sometimes trying to publish at the same time to the same file and therefore creating trouble?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:29 pm

That could be it. I thought the file would be locked out when it the process of being updated from a different computer. VueMinder is coded to detect when the file upload fails, so it will try again in a few seconds. However, this depends on the FTP server to return an error.

It sounds like your server might be allowing the same file to be modified from multiple computers at the same time (so it only partially completes). I'll try a different approach. Instead of assuming the server will return an error if the file is in the process of being updated by another computer, I'll upload to a temp file instead. VueMinder on other computers will check to make sure the the temp file doesn't exist before doing their uploads. After the upload finishes, the temp file will be copied to the real file. I think this will help with the handshaking between the multiple computers.

I'll let you know when this change is completed. I'm currently in the middle of some massive updates to support Microsoft Exchange syncing, so it might be a few weeks before I'll have a chance to work on this.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 am

News: It's not an issue with the webserver. Today I changed back to a local network folder and got the same error:
"Fehler bei der Verarbeitung von ""P:\_divDaten\Kalender\2_Calendar2.ics"" ..."

' in Zeile 150 und Spalte 4.
Next day:
"Fehler bei der Verarbeitung von ""P:\_divDaten\Kalender\1_Calendar1.ics"" ..."

' in Zeile 147 und Spalte 27.
Last edited by VMUser on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Thank you for the information. How long did you need to run before the error was seen, and how many computers are publishing/subscribing to the same file? If possible, could you send the file (via email) to me so I can try duplicating this on my network? Maybe there's something about the content of the calendar that is causing this, because I've never seen it happen.

In case you're interested, there are other methods of syncing calendars. You could sync VueMinder with the same Google Calendar on each computer. You could also use VueMinder Server, which stores data in a SQL Server database and is designed to allow simultaneous access from any number of computers.

Also, I'm currently adding the ability to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server, which will be a huge improvement in the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 am

VueSoft wrote:How long did you need to run before the error was seen
First error: Some minutes after start. Second error: One day later.
VueSoft wrote:and how many computers are publishing/subscribing to the same file?
Just 2 – me and my wife.
VueSoft wrote:If possible, could you send the file (via email) to me so I can try duplicating this on my network? Maybe there's something about the content of the calendar that is causing this, because I've never seen it happen.
I don't think you will find something because the errors are sporadic. Mostly there are no errors and the files are ok.
VueSoft wrote:In case you're interested, there are other methods of syncing calendars. You could sync VueMinder with the same Google Calendar on each computer. You could also use VueMinder Server, which stores data in a SQL Server database and is designed to allow simultaneous access from any number of computers. Also, I'm currently adding the ability to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server, which will be a huge improvement in the next version.
I will try using Google Calendar. The use of a MS SQL Server or MS Exchange Server is simply to heavy for just 2 users. ;)

My ideal solution was using of simple iCal files over a webserver but unfortunately it's not working reliable. :(

Using a simple MySQL data base (online or in the local network) - or even a SQLite data base - would be another nice option for users like me.

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:47 am

VMUser wrote:News: It's not an issue with the webserver. Today I changed back to a local network folder and got the same error:

Next day:

09/18/2012:
"Fehler bei der Verarbeitung von ""P:\_divDaten\Kalender\4_Calendar4.ics"" ..."

' in Zeile 138 und Spalte 13.
09/19/2012:

09/21/2012 - only 1 user:

10/31/2012:
Fehler bei der Verarbeitung von "P:\_divDaten\Kalender\4_Calendar4.ics" ...

Der Fehler ist: expecting "END", found '' in Zeile 126 und Spalte 1.
Fehler bei der Verarbeitung von "P:\_divDaten\Kalender\1_Calendar1.ics" ...

' in Zeile 108 und Spalte 35.