Sync with Google Calendar stopped

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
laavista

Sync with Google Calendar stopped

Post by laavista » Wed May 16, 2012 8:05 pm

I can't think of any changes we've made, but my 'sync with google calendar' has stopped. Today is 5-16-12 and the last sync was 5/4/12.

It shows at the bottom "synced with google calendar 5/4/2012 11:48:18 pm) and has the sync symbol.

I checked on-line, and my Google Calendar and appears fine. I brought up the Google calendar settings in VueMinder Pro and they look OK.

Any suggestions? (I really need this to work as it syncs appointments between my husband and my's computer, plus our iPhone).

Thanks!
Karan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync with Google Calendar stopped

Post by VueSoft » Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi Karan, it sounds like the connection to Google Calendar has been broken. This might have been due to the upgrade to version 9.1. To fix the problem, delete the calendar from VueMinder and then re-add it using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. See the following page for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact ... eturnid=61

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

laavista

Post by laavista » Thu May 17, 2012 12:31 am

Dan, I've looked and looked, but cannot find out how to delete the Google Calendar (so it can be re-added).

Could you provide this info?

(Also--thanks for the quick response to my original question. The outstanding customer service provided is awesome!)

Thanks!
Karan

laavista

STILL NEED HELP-- Sync with Google Calendar stopped

Post by laavista » Thu May 17, 2012 3:14 am

I just spent over 2 hours trying to get the calendar back to its original state where it was syncing. I ended up deleting the calendar and restoring the data from my backup. However, I had duplicates (and duplicates, and duplicates). I tryed other ways of restoring the data (e.g., from an Excel file I had exported the data to), I still had a large number of duplicates. I finally manually deleted them

I re-set up the Google calendar. It appears to be syncing now between my calendar and google calendar. (The sync now from VueMinder -> Google Calendar -> to our iPhone no longer works, but that's not your problem. I'll have to figure that out. This a great feature, because when we add something to our VueMinder calendar, it appears on our iPhone and is handy when we are out and about and need to schedule something...)

My problem now: my calendar shows 198 events--my husband's calendar shows 177. I need to get his calendar up-to-date as it's missing events.
Help!

Thanks
Karan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 17, 2012 7:03 am

Hi Karan, you can delete a calendar from VueMinder by right-clicking its name in the calendar list and selecting "Delete Calendar" from the popup menu. I apologize I didn't explain this better.

It sounds like the iPhone is no longer looking at the same calendar that VueMinder is syncing with Google Calendar. I'm not sure what caused that, but the link below might help.
http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/an ... wer=139206

As for why a different number of events are appearing, is your husband running VueMinder on a different computer? Is his calendar still syncing with yours? Did you try deleting (using the right-click Delete Calendar command) and re-adding the calendar on your husband's computer?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

laavista

SOLVED-- Sync with Google Calendar stopped

Post by laavista » Thu May 17, 2012 11:54 am

I got everything working. You're right, I had to delete the calendar on my husband's computer and select the shared calendar from the network.

I also got the iPhone sync working.

Thank you so much for your help! Again, outstanding customer service!!!

Karan