Events adding to calendar as all day events by default

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
jack27808

Events adding to calendar as all day events by default

Post by jack27808 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 am

I'm using the latest Lite version and have not previsouly has this problem.

When new events are added to the desktop calendar they add as all day events whilst rpeviously they would just add in the time slot that i had selected. This problem does not occur at all times as at this moment the events add as they should but 5 minutes ago they were adding as all day events. I have tried restarting the application but this does not seem to help.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what i could try?

Thank you in advance,

p.s As this is my first post I would like to say how great this program is especially the ability to have the calendar display on the desktop at all times, I'm going to download the full trial and if I find i need those features then ill be happily buying this - its fantastic!!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Events adding to calendar as all day events by default

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi jack27808, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.

Which method are you using to create new events on the desktop calendar? Are you double-clicking a timeslot, clicking the "New Event" button at the top of the desktop calendar, clicking the "Click to add event" box that appears when hovering over a time slot, right-clicking the task tray and selecting "New -> Event", or some other method? Does the problem happen regardless of which method is used?

Also, are you certain that a time slot is selected, and not the "all-day" area at the top of the Day column? If the all-day area is clicked before creating an event, the event will default to being marked as all-day.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

jack27808

Post by jack27808 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:02 pm

This happens regardless of which method is used, I prefer using the click add to event box, but using the other methods still default in the event being an all day event. This is not a great problem when adding by the other methods as the box is there to unclick but I much prefer using the desktop calendar.

I am definately just selecting a time slot and not the all day area, like I said this seems to come and go although since my original post it has worked as intended. When selecting the all day area it does indeed register as an all day event.

Thanks,
Jonathon Coates

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi Jonathon, thank you for the information. I believe I've found what is causing this behavior. A correction has been made for the next version. I'll post a reply when it's available to download. This should be in the next few days.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 am

The problem has been fixed in version 9.1, which is now available for download. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder