Percent Complete Gradient

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
reythards

Percent Complete Gradient

Post by reythards » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:16 am

Percent Complete gradient color is always grey. It doesn't looks good when tasks are colored by categories. Is it possible to use percent complete gradient related to categories colors (may be some darker)?

Screenshot here: http://postimage.org/image/hbbcx5dtz/

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Percent Complete Gradient

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi reythards, to change the progress bar color, follow these steps:

1. On the Tools menu, click "Customize Appearance Theme".

2. Hover the mouse over a progress bar in the Task list.

3. While the mouse is hovered over the progress bar, press the "1" key.

4. A window will appear named "Settings for ProgressBarFill". On the left side of the window you'll see the two shades of gray used for the gradient. Click the box and select the desired color from the drop-down. The progress bar in the Task List will refresh to show the selected colors.

5. When you're satisfied with the new color, click the "Save As" button in the "VueMinder - Appearance Theme Editor" window.

6. Save the theme file where VueMinder is installed. This is usually under C:\Program Files\VueSoft\VueMinder". Name the file whatever you want.

7. After saving, close the Appearance Theme Editor windows.

8. On the Options menu, click "Appearance".

9. Select the new theme you just saved, so the next time VueMinder starts, it will use your updated colors.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

reythards

Post by reythards » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks Dan.
I mean smth different: it would be nice if gradient will be different for different categories (based in categories colors).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi Reythards, thank you for the clarification. Using the Appearance Theme Editor, set the background color of the ProgressFillBar to solid black. For the Alpha value (on the left side of the Settings window, in the "Background" section), pick "# UseAlphaLevel". On the right side of the Settings window in the "Other" section, change the alpha value from "__0" to "128".

I think this will give the appearance you're looking for. The progress bar will be the same as the row color, but slightly darker. Finally, set the Alpha value in the "Font" section to "Opaque", so only the background color gets faded, not the percent text.

This improvement will also be in the next version, in case my instructions above don't make sense.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

reythards

Post by reythards » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks. That was I looking for.