Blind Carbon Copies (reprise)

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
multinaturalist

Blind Carbon Copies (reprise)

Post by multinaturalist » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:51 am

Being able to send emails from a distribution list using Bcc: instead of the default of To: for each recipient would be very helpful. It was requested once before in the Suggestions forum. I'd like to suggest it again.

It feels like poor etiquette to have every recipient's email address visible to every other recipient, and in some cases it might make the received email look cleaner (depending on whether headers are visible in the email client).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Blind Carbon Copies (reprise)

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:58 am

Hi multinaturalist, thank you for the feedback. I have this suggestion on my list of planned improvements.

Note, if you're sending email reminders to a distribution list, there's already a BCC option. This is a checkbox in the email reminder settings of the Event Editor.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

multinaturalist

Post by multinaturalist » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:11 am

Thank you, Dan. I think that Bcc: option can be used.

Now, if it could only be easier to add names to a Distribution List from the Contacts List View. -- It would help to be able to see more than just the name of a contact in the "Add to Distribution List" dialog when deciding if someone should be added to a List. It's often information in one of the other fields of the contact which tells me they should be added.)

One possibility would be to have the "Add to Distribution List" dialog show only the found records from the filter I have run on the main Contact List. This would save me the trouble of searching through every record manually when I've already found the records I want using the filter.

If you could add this feature, Distribution Lists could be generated quite easily.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi multinaturalist, the Distribution List Editor will be improved to allow the same searching and filtering capabilities provided in the main Contacts list. I'll let you know when this improvement is completed. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:24 am

The Distribution List Editor has been completely revamped for the next version. If you'd like an early look, a beta is available here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=817
Dan Chartrand, Founder