Event and Task Flags/Icons

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
sminc86

Event and Task Flags/Icons

Post by sminc86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Love this software. But the one thing I would really like to see is the ability to add custom flags/icons (from a file) to events and tasks. I've used these to indicate different things like holidays, birthdays, and certain types of tasks (like bills, cleaning, etc.).

I just think it's a great way to be able to personalize the calendar even more and make it even more visually appealing. :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Event and Task Flags/Icons

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. I have this on my list of planned improvements. I'll let you know when it's available.

Also, you might be interested to know the next version (9.1.0) is making some major strides into becoming more customizable and visually appealing. The ability to select background images/clipart for different dates is being added. For example, a child's birthday could have a picture of the child as the background image. Each date can have its own background image. These background pictures will also be printable.

I'm really excited with how this new feature is turning out, and look forward to making this available soon.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sminc86

Re: Event and Task Flags/Icons

Post by sminc86 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 am

Oh fun! That sounds really cool. I like any kind of appearance customization because...honestly I hate planning but I sort of have to. So the more fun the calendar looks the more I want to look at it! :)