Sync With Google Calendar Using Event Flair

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sminc86

Sync With Google Calendar Using Event Flair

Post by sminc86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi there! First off thanks for the awesome software. I really love it.

My problem right now is that I'd like to do a 2-way sync between VueMinder Ultimate and a Google Calendar. But my Google Calendar uses the Event Flair labs in order to be able to mark things complete (with the checkmark) and also indicate some other things. But when I edit an event from a Google Calendar in VueMinder that already has an Event Flair attached, it deletes the event title from Google Calendar and the little flair icon just displays right next to the date. I can click on the icon and edit the event but the title won't show back up in Google Calendar until I remove the current flair.

Is there any workaround for this (other than 1-way sync) or is this something that can be fixed in a future version?

Thank you!
Sarah

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync With Google Calendar Using Event Flair

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi Sarah, unfortunately, the problem you're seeing with Flair is an incompatibility with the Google Calendar API and the Event Flair lab. It's possible v3 of the Google Calendar API, which was just recently released, will solve this problem. I'll be updating VueMinder to use v3 soon, and hopefully this will be resolved at that time.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sminc86

Re: Sync With Google Calendar Using Event Flair

Post by sminc86 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 am

Okay thank you for the update! That sucks. :( But...I've taken to changing the event colors to grey when they're complete instead of using the flair.

By the way, this would be an awesome optional feature if it's possible in the future. Once we mark an event complete in VueMinder, it could change the event color in Google Calendar to grey (or another color if someone wants, but I like grey since it blends in with the background).

Thanks again!