How to delete specific holidays

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dr_hersh

How to delete specific holidays

Post by dr_hersh » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:39 pm

I have loaded both the US and the Canadian holidays, but I'd like to delete duplicates and some holidays I have no interest in displaying. When I delete them, they automatically come back some time later. How may I delete specific holidays permanently from the list?

IanS

Re: How to delete specific holidays

Post by IanS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:43 am

The only way that I know is to set the update option to manual (on the Subscribe tab). And as they are holidays, and holidays don't tend to change (other than at change of year) you should be OK.

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 am

"Subscribe Tab"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

IanS

Post by IanS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Sorry, I assumed that you had subscribed to an online calendar.

If you have, then if you right-click the calendar name under the calendar tab (left-hand side), and choose Calendar Properties. you will see a window come up, and there will be a Subscribe tab - on the right-hand side of that Subscribe tab, there is an Update box, choose Manual from the dropdown list.

If you have added a Google calendar, then after right-clicking on the calendar and choosing Calendar properties, the window will open up on the Google Calendar tab - again on the right-hand side under options, you will see "sync frequency" - choose manual.

Hope that helps. otherwise perhaps Dan will be able to explain it better than I. :)

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks for your response. I hope I'm able to understand Dan, and I look forward to his response when he has time.

David

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi David, Ian basically wrote what I would have written (thanks Ian!). The fact you're seeing deleted events return on their own indicates the calendar is syncing with something else.

Please open the Calendar Properties window by double-clicking the name of your holiday calendar. Click on the "Subscribe" tab. If the box at the top of that tab has a check mark, click the box to remove the check mark (and disable the subscription).

If there's no check mark on the Subscribe tab, click the "Outlook" and "Google Calendar" tabs. If either of those have a check mark, uncheck them. Repeat for any other holiday calendars you in your calendar list.

Basically, what we are trying to do is convert the holiday calendars from syncing with an external source to being a local (non-synced) calendars. Any changes you make, like deleting events, won't get overwritten the next time the calendars update to match the external sources.

Please let me know if it's still unclear, and I will try to explain it in a different way. Also, the documentation linked below might help clarify how calendars are synced with other external sources:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... ditor.html
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Thank you. My thick head on this one. Hopefully it is resolved. Thanks for your patience.

David