Double-click systray icon doesn't show calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
lphilpot

Double-click systray icon doesn't show calendar

Post by lphilpot » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Running 9.0.2, but saw the same behavior from 9.0.0.

With previous versions, I could double-click the systray icon and display the calendar, but now it takes a right-click and selecting "View calendar" instead. Did I change something somewhere? I've looked but didn't see anything.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Double-click systray icon doesn't show calendar

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi lphilpot, welcome to the forums. I think what's happening is the task tray icon's tooltip balloon is intercepting the mouse click. Try double-clicking a location on the task tray icon where the tooltip isn't located, like the lower-right area of the icon.

You could also disable the tooltip by going to the Program Options (via the Options menu) and unchecking the box labeled "Show today's activities in task tray icon balloon".

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

lphilpot

Post by lphilpot » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:18 pm

There's no balloon visible at all but I tried double-clicking all areas of the icon - No luck.

Looking in the Options, "Show today's activities in task tray icon balloon" was indeed checked, but unchecking it made no difference. I also tried unchecking "Suppress the task tray tooltip when minimizing", but once the calendar has been minimized and redisplayed, if I open the Program Options, it's checked again. It may not be related, but it's definitely re-enabling itself following a minimize (or immediately when changed from the systray without displaying the calendar).

I'm on Win7 64-bit, if it matters.

Anyway, not a major deal, but nothing I've tried so far has enabled double-clicking.

??

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm not sure. I've tested it on all my computers and the task tray icon double-click is working as expected. The code that handles the double-click hasn't changed since version 1.0.

Do you have any applications that modify the task tray appearance or functionality? Maybe there's an incompatibility with something else that is installed on your system.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

lphilpot

Post by lphilpot » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Nothing messing with the tray that I know of. Prior to 9.x it responded to double clicks. No biggie, though.

Thanks.