Recurring Events with Duration Not Syncing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ravingfanpro

Recurring Events with Duration Not Syncing

Post by ravingfanpro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi! I have noticed that not all of my recurring events are syncing from my google calendar. For example, I have 7 recurring events for the month of February. They have the following settings in GCal:
  • All Day
    Repeat: Every 3 months on day 1
    2/1/2012 to 2/28/2012
Of all 7 events, only one is syncing up. The others show up on 2/1/2012 for the duration of one day.

I'm happy to send any additional info you might need!

Thanks!

jesse

rnjderosa

Re: Recurring Events with Duration Not Syncing

Post by rnjderosa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Just tagging along on this...

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Jesse, do your events all have the same name? If so, VueMinder will think these are duplicates and only import 1. Try giving the events different names to see if that fixes it.

If the events already have different names, then I'm not sure why they aren't syncing. Maybe something glitched when the calendar was initially added to VueMinder. Delete the calendar from VueMinder by right-clicking its name and selecting "Delete Calendar". Next, re-add the calendar using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu.

If you see the same thing happen, can you share your calendar with support(@)vueminder.com, so I can try debugging the problem? To share, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name in Google Calendar and select "Share this Calendar". I'll only need read-access for testing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ravingfanpro

Post by ravingfanpro » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks! Deleting and re-adding the calendar did the trick!

Jesse

ravingfanpro

Post by ravingfanpro » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 am

Also noticed another recurring event on another calendar that didn't sync at all (I bet it synced just once, but I don't know for sure...). I deleted that calendar and re-added and it that event is there now too! I will add calendars one at a time from now on because when I added these, I did them all at the same time.

(just another 2¢)

Jesse

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 am

Version 9.0.3 has been released. It fixes a number of Google Calendar syncing problems, including the things mentioned in this thread. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA