Google Sync?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rjm01

Re: Google Sync?

Post by rjm01 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:42 am

Google sync is not working on one of my three computers. The computer is running windows 7 professional and this is the only difference between the setups. It worked initially and then all the events disappeared. I have deleted and reloaded but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 am

I re-loaded the program, but no change. It does not seem to sync items that were put in on a different date, but will sync older items only.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Yes, I'm aware of the issues the current version has with Google Calendar syncing. This was working fine up until a couple months ago. I had it working again when 9.0.3 was released, but I believe Google has made some additional changes that broke it. VueMinder currently uses v2 of the Google Calendar API, which has been deprecated.

A new version is currently in work to fix the Google Calendar syncing problems. It uses v3 of the Google Calendar API, which seems to be much more reliable. The beta is available at the link below, in case you want to try it. Otherwise, please be aware that I'm working on getting it released as fast as I can, but there's still a lot of testing needed.
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=817
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:31 am

That's the beta I am using.

John

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi John, did you recently change your Google password? Maybe the authorization token isn't working. Under "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\VueMinder", delete the file named "vueminder.google.calendar.auth". The next time VueMinder tries syncing, a web browser will appear asking for permission. Make sure to click the Accept button.

If syncing still doesn't work, maybe there's something different about the one computer. Do you use different firewall software or settings? Is there an exception to allow VueMinder access to the internet?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:04 am

working on the other machine but only updates from the current date forward. MAchines are all set with the same firewall etc so there should be no difference.

John

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 am

Thank you for the information. I'm syncing events that occur in the past, present, and future. I'm not seeing any issues. It's strange that it works on the other computers but not the one. Can you think of any other differences between how VueMinder is configured on the computers?

Also, to clarify, are you saying events that are in the past don't appear in VueMinder? Have you tried checking the "Show Completed Events" command on the View menu???
Dan Chartrand, Founder

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 pm

I am now getting items duplicated after I sync with google. I deleted one set and we'll see what happens.

John

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:49 pm

The other problem that has happened more than once is the recurring item gets shifted ahead one day.