Add multiple calendars to an event?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ravingfanpro

Add multiple calendars to an event?

Post by ravingfanpro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Is it possible to add multiple calendars to a single event? I should clarify - that I want to select multiple GMail calendars that I am already synchronizing with VueMinder to an event. I seem to be able to choose which calendar to put the event on, but is there a way of adding multiple calendars to the event?
Or a workaround?
Thank you!
Jesse

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Add multiple calendars to an event?

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi Jesse, welcome to the forums. Events can only be associated with one calendar, due to the way VueMinder is designed and how it syncs with other software like Google Calendar. If events were associated with multiple calendars, you'd end up seeing duplicates.

A workaround would be to copy the event, activate a different calendar by clicking its name, and then paste. The pasted event will be a duplicate, but it will be associated with the selected calendar instead of the original calendar. However, I'm not sure if that makes sense for what you're attempting to do.

Another option would be to use the category associations. Multiple categories can be associated via the "Categories" field in the Event Editor. This allows some more sophisticated filtering capabilities to be used, depending on which types of events you want to see in the calendar. Categories can be filtered via the check-boxes in the Categories tab on the main window. You can also give each category a unique appearance via the Tools -> Categories menu command.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ravingfanpro

Re: Add multiple calendars to an event?

Post by ravingfanpro » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 am

I will experiment with the copy/paste. That would achieve the result I'm after.

The background to this is that I have secretaries in a law firm who need to input various calendar events that multiple lawyers might be involved with. A deposition might involve three different lawyers, a particular resource (conference room/equipment) and multiple days. Right now we do all this with Google Calendars. The main setback we are trying to resolve is the lack of good quality searching across the Google Calendars.

So...the problem of seeing duplicates for the entries in our case would be perfectly fine!!!

Thanks for the quick response and any additional thoughts you might have!

Jesse