Larger Fonts

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
msn

Larger Fonts

Post by msn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:15 pm

In the Calendar Editor and Appearance Settings, the font size is capped at 30.

Font/name/style: 30

In order to display certain fonts correctly, it will need to be larger.

The font size in the Description settings is capped at 72.

48 and 72 is fine for the particular font size I was using, but it reverts back to 30 when the calendar is displayed on the desktop.

Alternatively, I tried to to use an image in the Description settings with the picture of the correct font size, but images do not display on the desktop unless cursor is hovered over.

Therefore a wallpaper option would be helpful in additional to larger fonts.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Larger Fonts

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi msn, welcome to the forums. Font size 30 is enormous for displaying events in the calendar view. If a font size of 72 was used...well here's how it would look...

For comparison sake, here's what it looks like when using a more reasonable font size of 10.

Maybe it's just me, but having font sizes larger than 30 doesn't seem very useful, since there'd only be enough space for 3 or 4 letters of the event title to appear in the Month view.

Regarding a wallpaper option, I think you mean having background images for either dates or the entire calendar. This is on my list of planned improvements. I'll post a reply when it's completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

msn

Post by msn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I am using 1920x1200 resolution on Windows 7 with Smaller - 100% selected in the Display properties.

The font I was trying http://www.dafont.com/men-in-blue.font

For me, it seems this only looks good in a 48 or higher font. Anything smaller it looks distorted.

I only need 3 letters in the event title for a all day event (an option to display the text vertically for blocking off long events would be nice too...ie Work, Vacation)

I primarily work in the Desktop Calendar (Full) integration in Week view.

I'm excited to hear that there will be a background image feature added in addition to the color background of dates. It would be so useful for pictures of birthdays(cakes), holidays(x-mas), etc. Maybe include an option for opacity so the background images does not overpower the event title and description.

If adding larger fonts sizes is not feasible, then I could just create a background image for what I need when that feature is added.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:19 am

I'm excited to hear that there will be a background image feature added in addition to the color background of dates. It would be so useful for pictures of birthdays(cakes), holidays(x-mas), etc. Maybe include an option for opacity so the background images does not overpower the event title and description.
This feature has been completed for version 9.1.0. A beta is available, if you'd like an early look. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=817

To assign a background picture, right-click a date in the Month view and select the "Day Background" command. You can assign a color, local picture, or web picture (search) to the date. I'm really happy with how this feature turned out. I hope you'll enjoy it!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA