VueminderPro Freezes on Delete Event

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
stevena48

VueminderPro Freezes on Delete Event

Post by stevena48 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Since I updated to v9.0.1, VM "hangs" (Not Responding) when I attempt to delete an event. i am forced to exit VM via the Task Manager. When I restart VM the event remains.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueminderPro Freezes on Delete Event

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi stevena48, this sounds like an installation problem. Please uninstall (via the Control Panel). This won't remove any data or license information. After uninstalling, you can reinstall by downloading here:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page=download

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

stevena48

Post by stevena48 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Dan- That's what I thought too. But, uninstall/reinstall does not help. Same symptoms persist.

stevena48

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Hmm, that's odd. I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

Maybe something went wrong with the data. On the File menu, use the "Backup Data" command to generate a backup of your current data. Next, reset the data by using the utility linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data, restart VueMinder. Create a new event and then delete the event. Does it still freeze?

Next, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from the backup and repeat the create/delete test. If it freezes, try restoring from an older backup until you find one that doesn't have the problem.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

stevena48

Post by stevena48 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Dan- After resetting the data events delete OK. But, I've gone back to BU files that are well before I noticed the problem - back to 9.0.0. Problem still persists using my BU data.

stevena48

Post by stevena48 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Dan - New info. I CAN delete a single occurrence of a recurring event but NOT a one time event.

stevena48

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi stevena48, thanks for the information. I'm unable to duplicate the problem using my data. If possible, could you send a backup to support(@)vueminder.com? Hopefully that will allow me to duplicate the problem and determine what is causing it. All data will be kept strictly confidential and will be deleted as soon as I've finished.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

stevena48

Post by stevena48 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 am

Dan theorized that the delete freeze was related to syncing with Google Calendar so he recommended VM 9.0.2 beta but that did not do the trick. Further investigation revealed the presence of the Google Redirect Virus (http://googleredirectvirus.biz and not acquired from VM) which was directing the sync to somewhere other than Google Calendar. Running Norton Power Eraser (http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx) cleaned up the virus and everything is now fine with VM. This still does not explain why I could delete a recurring event but not a single event. Also, Symantics has no explanation for why Power Eraser removes a virus that should never get by Norton Anti Virus in the first place.