software hangs periodically

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
veloc

software hangs periodically

Post by veloc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:36 am

Hi

I just upgraded to Pro from the free version and I'm having what looks like sync trouble. I noticed that the Window's cursor periodically changes to the rotating circle when it's over the desktop interface. It also happens when I've got the full interface open. In both cases I'm unable to operate the software in any way when the cursor changes to the rotating circle. Worse, it happens every few seconds. I opened up the task manager and discovered that there are spikes in network access that correspond to the software hanging. This didn't happen at all with the free version.

What's going wrong and how can I fix it? In its present state, the software is unuseable.

Thanks
Mark

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: software hangs periodically

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi Mark, welcome to the forums. I apologize for the problem. Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling? You can uninstall via the Control Panel. This won’t remove any data. After uninstalling, reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _9.0.0.exe

If that doesn’t fix it, you might have an errant firewall or security software that is inserting itself where it shouldn’t go, and causing performance problems. Please try adding an exception for VueMinder and let me know if that doesn’t fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

veloc

Re: software hangs periodically

Post by veloc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:19 am

I'll post the fix in case anyone is looking - deleting then re-importing my Google calendars fixed it.
Thanks to VueMinder for the mail support.

Mark