Sync with Outlook

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
phrogdriver

Sync with Outlook

Post by phrogdriver » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Hello,

I am syncing with outlook and find that every time it syncs, the formatted text changes. It seems to take on plain text features and when I open the event, and click "plain text" save and close, it reverts back to formatted. In addition to the formatting issue, it also places a space at the top of the description every time it syncs. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Rick

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync with Outlook

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi Rick, are you using version 9.0?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

phrogdriver

Post by phrogdriver » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:41 am

Yes I am. I'm using Pro Site at the time.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:12 am

Hi Rick, this appears to be a bug. I'll work on fixing this in the next version and will let you know when an update is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:13 pm

In addition to that, it does not sync with Outlook easily. I had to delete my recurring activities and then start them in outlook. Only then would it correctly sync to the desk top on the computer with outlook. It has not sync'd across the network and has not sync'd with google. I am running 9.0 pro. It seemed to work when I ran the beta of Ultimate, but I decided to go back to pro and have had nothing but problems since.

I just went back to my other computer and the recurring event has now erased itself. There seems to be a major problem here between outlook and VM. The problems seem to originate on the computer with outlook as I only run outlook on one computer. This is so I can sync my blackberry phone. to VM and my other calenders.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm

The Pro and Ultimate versions use exactly the same code for syncing with Outlook. I don't know why it was working for you correctly in Ultimate and then stopped working under Pro. It should work the same in both.

Try removing the calendar that is being synced with Outlook and then re-add it using the "Add Outlook Calendar" on the File menu. Does that fix the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:11 pm

I reset all the data and it seems to work now.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:51 pm

I am syncing with outlook and find that every time it syncs, the formatted text changes. It seems to take on plain text features and when I open the event, and click "plain text" save and close, it reverts back to formatted. In addition to the formatting issue, it also places a space at the top of the description every time it syncs. Thanks for the help.
These problems have been fixed in 9.0.1. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder