Recurring events not syncing with Google cal

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
twinsen2

Recurring events not syncing with Google cal

Post by twinsen2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi,

a few days ago i upgraded to version 9 of VueMinder Pro.

Today i tried to add a new recurring event. It didnt work. VueMinder was showing syncing in the status bar, but the events never showed up in the Google calendar. Then i synced manually, didnt work either.
After that i added the event to the Google calendar, to try the other direction, but that didnt work also. The events were not shown in the VueMinder cal.

I am very disappointed, because the same problem occured in version 8 also, but at the end it worked. Now the same again ...

Kind regards,
twinsen2

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Recurring events not syncing with Google cal

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi twinsen2, I just tested this (again) and it's working fine for me. A recurring event created in VueMinder appeared in Google Calendar within a couple seconds, and vice versa. As far as I'm aware, this is working properly. I haven't had any reports from other users of recurring events not syncing in v9.0.

Are you sure you're looking at the correct calendar in Google Calendar? Like VueMinder, you can have multiple calendars defined in Google Calendar. Syncing calendars is 1-to-1. If you create a new event and associate it with a calendar that is not synced to VueMinder, you won't see that event appear in VueMinder. The event has to belong to a calendar that is configured to sync.

Also, for best results, set the sync frequency to "Automatically". Otherwise, you might be waiting 5-10-15 minutes for the event to sync. With the Automatic setting, it should happen within 10-15 seconds.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

twinsen2

Post by twinsen2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:15 pm

yes, i am looking at the correct calendar in Google Calendar. I only have one and i used it for a few month with version 8 already, with success.
Also, when i create a new SINGLE event, it is synced with Google and i can see it.

And for the frequency, i am using "Automatically". Like i said, i can see the text "Syncing with Google Calendar" in the status bar after a few seconds, but nothing happens, the events are not in the Google Calendar.

Any idea, what i could try?

twinsen2

Post by twinsen2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Ok, i found a solution by myself.

Before upgrading to version 9, i used the internet time server "time.nist.gov", but now i saw, that a different one was set "time-a.nist.gov". I changed it back to the old one.

Beside that, i deleted my Google calendar in VueMinder and added it again.

And voila, its working :-)