Problems syncing tasks with google calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Franci

Problems syncing tasks with google calendar

Post by Franci » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:13 am

Hello,

first I have to commend your effort in the new 9.0 version where you upgraded Vueminder to a complete new level!! Cheers for that! I was a regular user of a pro version for about 8 months then I decided to try ultimate edition for about 15 days now. I am still exploring new abilities of the program so naturally I have some problems that needs your attention.

When trying to sync my tasks to google calendar (so that I could eventually see it on my phone) it does not work. I am using it for the calendars which are syncing without a problem, but I cannot see the tasks!
I think I screwed it up when the program asked me for some info when I tried to upload tasks for the first time. Apparently it asked me for the wrong user account&pass but I just automaticly pressed ok. Now I cannot change user&pass, or is there another problem.

Nice Regards
Franci Kokalj

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problems syncing tasks with google calendar

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi Franci, when you enable syncing of an existing task calendar from VueMinder to Google Calendar, a new task list will be created. Google Calendar only shows one task list at a time. To view the task list that is synced with VueMinder, click the "Switch List" button at the bottom-right corner of the Google Calendar web page, to the right of the delete button.

The default task list in Google Calendar is named "Default List". If you didn't rename your default task calendar in VueMinder, you should see a task list named "Tasks". Pick that list and the tasks that you've defined in VueMinder should appear in Google Calendar.

Please let me know if that doesn't explain the problem, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

James

Post by James » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:04 am

I, too, have a similar issue.

I have 3 lists in Google Tasks, all with custom names. VueMinder reports, "Syncing tasks with Google Tasks" and does nothing else. The list never syncs, and the status never goes away. It seems to "get stuck" and does not report any error, nor time out.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi James, before VueMinder can sync with Google Tasks, a page should open in your default web browser asking for permission. The page will say "VueMinder is requesting permission to: Manage your tasks" and there will be buttons labeled "Allow access" and "No thanks".

Please check your web browser to see if this page is displayed, and then click the "Allow access" button so VueMinder can properly sync tasks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA