Reminder Sounds

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
socalsk8159

Reminder Sounds

Post by socalsk8159 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Great program. I just started evaluating VueMinder - I'm running 8.4.1 on an XP machine and I can't get sounds to work on event reminders. I've got "play media" checked and I'm pointing to C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav. The reminder window pops up but the sound never plays at all. Tried different sound files, formats etc but nothing makes a sound through speakers (which are turned on / volume up). All other sound events on my computer work.

Will it start working when I upgrade to Pro? Everything else seems to work great with this program - probably something wrong with my computer's sound setup but thought I'd see if anyone else heard of this.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Reminder Sounds

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi socalsk8159, welcome to the forums. I just tested the Lite version using the same sound file you referenced, and it played correctly. I'm not sure why it isn't working on your computer. Could you try a different sound file? Maybe an mp3 would play (assuming you're using the popup reminder). Does the "Play voice reminder" setting give you any sound?

If you don't get sound from any of the suggestions above, try reinstalling the latest Windows Media Player. VueMinder uses the same system components as Windows Media Player.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

socalsk8159

Re: Reminder Sounds

Post by socalsk8159 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried MP3s, too, but it still wouldn't play. I did notice that the file associations for wav & mp3 files were assigned to WinAmp instead of Media Player, so I changed them to Windows Media Player and tried again, but still no sound. Again, probably something to do with my system more than anything.

I tried the voice reminder option and that did work, and that's good enough for me. If I ever feel the need, I'll try reinstalling Media Player like you suggested but I'm going to see if anything changes when I purchase VueMinder Pro first. Thanks for the help!