Reminders not showing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VMUser

Reminders not showing

Post by VMUser » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Hello,

I'm using VueMinder 9.0.0 Pro and found that "popup reminders" and "desktop alerts" are not showing:

- I'm using iCalendar files on a network drive together with one another user.

- I created an event on one of the iCalendar with a "popup reminder" and a "desktop alert" - "Share reminders" is set to on.

- On the OTHER computer the reminders are appearing but NOT on my computer.

- If I hover with the mouse over the event I'm always seeing: "Popup reminder/desktop alert will be displayed 24.01.2012 18:02" (European format). The time displayed is always one minute ahead of the actual time. It means: If I look at 18:05 I will see "Popup reminder/desktop alert will be displayed 24.01.2012 18:06".

- But no reminder appears.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Reminders not showing

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi VMUser, I've tried duplicating the problem but I'm not seeing it. Maybe you have the "Show reminder to event creator" box unchecked in the event editor?

If that doesn't explain it, does exiting and restarting VueMinder solve the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VMUser

Re: Reminders not showing

Post by VMUser » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:38 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi VMUser, I've tried duplicating the problem but I'm not seeing it. Maybe you have the "Show reminder to event creator" box unchecked in the event editor?
I've checked the "Show reminder to event creator" box and the "Share reminder... Show reminder to everyone" box.
VueSoft wrote:If that doesn't explain it, does exiting and restarting VueMinder solve the problem?
Strange it is. :)

After restarting VueMinder the reminders are showing now. But now the reminders are not showing on the other computer any more ("Share reminder..." is checked). And restarting VueMinder on the other computer did not solve the problem.

All the best,
Karl