Showing other columns in the lists

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
brianvic

Showing other columns in the lists

Post by brianvic » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:38 pm

This relates to a recent post I've made about linked Tasks and Notes in the diary.

I was wondering if there was any way of including fields from one item type in another? For example, have the description field from a linked Task in the Event list? Obviously the other way round too where the event description is shown in the Task list.

This might have issues if you have more than one Task/Note to show, so perhaps all that would be required is something in the list to indicate that a linked item(s) exists?

I know the information area at the bottom left of VueMinder shows linked items beneath the Event description, but you have to click on an Event to see if it has any linked items. The above would give a quick indication that linked items exist before you click on it.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Showing other columns in the lists

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi brianvic, thank you for the suggestion. I'm hesitant to add columns for other item types to the list view (i.e., task columns shown in the Event list), since I think it will cause confusion and add a lot of complexity to the user interface.

However, I could improve the list view to have a simple column that indicates whether items are linked, and a right-click command for opening the linked items (the right-click menu would also show the linked item titles). I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed.

Thanks again for the suggestion and please let me know if you think of any other improvements you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA