Outlook

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
mrsejones

Outlook

Post by mrsejones » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I don't know about most people, but syncing with Outlook is a must. I have played with the Beta 9 Version and it seems to be pretty good. However I will be making VueMinder my main calendar app when it is completed and working property. However a good Idea add to the frequency for syncing Outlook word have a setting to sync on start up and on exit.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Outlook

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 am

Hi mrsejones, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion.

If you have configured automatic syncing with Outlook, syncing will happen when VueMinder starts up if the previous sync time occurred more than the specified update interval. For example, if the sync interval is set to 1 hour, and it has been 8 hours since the last time VueMinder was running, then a sync will automatically occur shortly after VueMinder finishes starting.

The problem with having an option to sync when VueMinder exits is that it could increase the time required for the program to close, and possibly prevent the computer from shutting down if VueMinder is running in the background.

You can always manually command syncing of a calendar by right-clicking the calendar name and selecting "Share Calendar -> Sync Calendar" from the popup menu. You could do this prior to exiting VueMinder, so the latest events are shown in Outlook.

I hope that helps. Thanks again for the suggestion and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA