New Entry - Specifying Calendar

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
TheLetterJ

New Entry - Specifying Calendar

Post by TheLetterJ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:22 am

I'd like to suggest an improvement to how a calendar is specified when creating a new event.

Once the cursor is in the Calendar field, it would be awesome if typing a letter or letters produced a list of calendar names that matched that letter. For instance, if I had two calendars, "School" and "Sam", then pressing s would show a drop-down with both of them and then pressing c would show only School.

Unfortunately, it's too easy to create a spurious calendar the way it is. Also, pressing alt-up or down in that field produces strange results, which it shouldn't.

Thank you!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: New Entry - Specifying Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 am

Hi TheLetterJ, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.

I've improved the next version (9.0) to show a partial drop-down list of matching calendar names as letters are typed into the Calendar field. The more letters that are typed, the smaller the list of matching calendar names will become. I believe this will be more intuitive and decrease the chance of accidentally creating a new calendar when typing in the name. I've also fixed the Alt+Up/Down behavior.

A new beta will be posted within the next day or two, if you'd like an early look. An official release will be made later this month.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

TheLetterJ

Post by TheLetterJ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:08 am

Wow, that's great!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Beta 3 is now available and can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707