Tasks Change to Events on Shutdown

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MLML

Tasks Change to Events on Shutdown

Post by MLML » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Three times recently, when I've started VueMinder on a new day, one of my two task calendars has been converted to an event calendar. The first two times it happened, I simply restored the backup made at the end of the previous day. (Well, maybe not "simply" as the first time it took me quite awhile to think of this and to notice that that end-of-day backup file had more tasks and fewer events than the backup I had just made manually when I discovered the problem.) Today it happened again, but this time the restore does nothing. I could export everything and then import it into a new task calendar (at least, I think that would work), but I'd have to set up all the recurrences, etc. all over again, which would be a huge pain. Also, I don't see how to export the tasks that are currently set up with no due date. Plus, now that this problem has repeatedly occurred, I think it's time to find the root issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Tasks Change to Events on Shutdown

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:11 am

Hi MLML, welcome to the forums. I believe the problem you're seeing has been fixed for 9.0. If you'd like an early look, a beta is available. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707

Please let me know if you try the beta but still see the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MLML

Post by MLML » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks, Dan. I saw that the new version addresses another issue I've had (VueMinder still running after I shut it down) and considered downloading it yesterday, but now I'll definitely give it a try.

MLML

Post by MLML » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 am

The V9 beta seems to have addressed the task problem & I haven't had any more instances of the program continuing to run after shutdown, either. Will the beta sync with portable pro? I can transfer the data to the stick, but as the portable hasn't been updated from V8, will changes I make in portable have any trouble when I transfer back to the desktop? Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi MLML, thanks for the information. Please be aware, you might run into problems transferring data from version 9 to back to version 8. There's no problem going from version 8 to 9, but going the opposite direction might cause issues, since the data format has been expanded in version 9 to support additional capabilities.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MLML

Post by MLML » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 pm

There isn't a portable V9 beta yet, right? I'm using V9 Pro on the desktop and everything seems to be working well. I've synced the V9 data from the desktop to my thumb drive, which is still running V8.4.1, just so I can view my calendar at work, but have used the portable more as a reference these past few days (e.g. not making any changes just in case they won't sync back while they are running different versions). Thanks again!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi MLML, I've emailed you a link to download the Pro USB 9.0 beta. Please let me know if you find any problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MLML

Post by MLML » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks, Dan! I was content to wait for the portable V9 as just being able to SEE my whole calendar at work is helpful, but I'll be glad to try the USB beta, too. And yes, I'll let you know if I run into any problems. Again, thank you... for the support and for great software.