Family Calendar, anyone?

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
soahs

Family Calendar, anyone?

Post by soahs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:01 am

I am wondering how much interest would be in having features like Calendar Creator Plus. It's good, but the dos version is actually better for fitting in more. To do a family calendar would involve this person is this old this year, these people were married these many years now, and this person has been dead this many years, etc.

But the fun of a family calendar is what happened on the day you were born. To fit all this overflow requires sometimes several pages to print it all so each event has to fit on one line except if allowed to take more lines.

Family events probably would be first right at the top, with pictures and info. Then what happened on this day below it on one line.

I did these family calendars for several years and they were always much anticipated but the overflow from Calendar Creator Plus was never the greatest and I had to bring it to Word and finish finish it by hand. So if there is interest in a family calendar like this, then Vue Calendar can do all the work :)

Soahs

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Family Calendar, anyone?

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am

Hi Soahs, thanks for the suggestion. VueMinder's design goals are a bit different than Calendar Creator, but I think I could make some improvements to get VueMinder closer to what you're looking for.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA