Events get moved to next day

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
bstewart

Events get moved to next day

Post by bstewart » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:38 am

My Setup:
I have multiple calendars that represent different rooms in a school. I use VueMinder to book the rooms for events.

Problem:
Every time I make an event it gets moved to the next day. If I open the event it will say that there is a conflict. If I save it, it gets moved. If I open it again and save it, it gets moved to the next day and is now an extra 24 hours long. If I keep repeating that process with the same event, it moves it over one day and adds another 24 hours. Example: Create and event for Dec 1 from 1pm tp 2pm. I save it and is ends up being Dec 2 from 1pm to 2pm. If I save it again it becomes Dec 3 from 1pm to Dec 4 2pm etc.

I have uninstalled the program, restarted and reinstalled and that fixed it for a few days but now the problem is back.

I love this program other than this problem. I was looking at getting the pro version but I can't do that unless I can get this figured out.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Events get moved to next day

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 am

Hi bstewart, welcome the forums. That's some pretty bizarre behavior. I haven't had any other reports of this happening, so I'm not sure why you're seeing it.

Does it do this regardless of which view (Day, Week, Month, etc) is used when the event is created? Which method of creating a new event are you using? Ctrl+N, double-clicking a date, using the "Click to add an event" hover-button, the "New Event" command on the toolbar, or a different method? Does it seem to happen regardless of the method used? Also, is the calendar shared or synced with something else?

It's also possible this has been fixed for the next version. A beta will be available within the next day or two. There have been some updates to how the event times are entered, to make it more user-friendly. Maybe those updates will fix the behavior you're seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bstewart

Post by bstewart » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 pm

I just tried again and confirmed that it doesn't matter which view or method I use to Create a new event. Even if I double click an event that was already created and save it again without making changes, the same thing happens.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:50 am

Hi bstewart, you have me stumped. I'm not seeing this behavior and I haven't had any reports of other people seeing it either. There's a beta available that might fix it, since there were some changes to how event times are entered. Could you try it, and let me know if you see any difference? It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA