Suggestions for printing - viewing

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
soahs

Suggestions for printing - viewing

Post by soahs » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:04 am

Your calendar is excellent! When printing I would like an option to print overflow. Calendar Creator Plus lets us do this, any events not able to fit in the day cell will br printed on a seperate sheet of paper.

When viewing the calendar I like how a popup listing the contents of an event will appear at a hover over. I would like an option to hover for a longer time on the overflow arrow, then a popup appears of the overflows. Hover over each of these and a popup will appear of the contents. Hover totally off the cell and all popups go down.

For notes and events list view I would also like to be able to hover over each entry and have it popup up with the contents.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Suggestions for printing - viewing

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

Hi soahs, thank you for the suggestion. It's not what you describe, but you can hover the mouse over an event in the month navigation pane (default location is in the upper-left corner) to see a summary of all events that occur on a date, regardless of whether the overflow indicator is shown in the Month view.

You can also click the overflow indicator to switch to the Day view, where all the events that couldn't fit in the Month view will be shown.

If you want to stay on the Month view, you can click the zoom in button at the upper-right corner. This will make the day boxes larger, so the overflow indicator might be removed if there's enough space for all the events.

Unfortunately, the way tooltips are designed in VueMinder, there's no way to get an additional tooltip when hovering over an existing tooltip. I'm sure with enough time, I could redesign it to work that way, but it would take a while. Hopefully the workarounds described above will suffice. I'll think about this one some more, to see if there would be some other (easier) way of providing what you're looking for.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

soahs

Post by soahs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:55 am

Hi, I think what you described will work. I just tried making a family type calendar now using events. I tried a note calendar before, and apparently they won't open up with a hover over while events do. So events would work. I would prefer if an event printed out on one line, word wrap if needed, but an option to not allow all that extra - recurrence, priority, etc.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Soahs

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 am

Hi Soahs, to make events print on one line, uncheck the "Wrap text" box in the Print window. To hide the extra recurrence and location information, select "Low" from the Detail level drop-down on the Print window.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA